Defd, why are you being so mean?

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I somewhat agree that the JW's have it closer than most religions (This being said by a person that doesn't really care to learn about other christian religions)

I hate to break it to you, but if you did study other religions you'd QUICKLY realize that JWs DON'T have it closer than most religions. They are actually very far away. But that's the rub: when you exit dubland, the last thing you want to do is study religion. This group is nothing like Christ's teachings here on earth. Nothing. Study the bible. Borrow books from the library. Read whatever you can get your hands on. You'll realize there is not a perfect or true religion out there, but you will realize the JWs are pretty far off the mark.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Isn't there a Blondie song that echos that statement??? One Way, Or Anooother.....

Why yes, there is.

And for those old enough to remember the cigarette and cigar commercials on TV, my quote is from a White Owl Cigar commercial from the early 1970's that showed dignified, emphatic, bemused gentleman sitting, smoking a cigar, in an easy chair, saying what I said, with very cool, almost patriotic music playing in the background. It was one of the cleverest commercials I've ever seen.

• anewme
    anewme

Please see my comments under "Help....by Shunned Father"

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

well then what religion do you think most represents the way that you think god would like to be served?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    well then what religion do you think most represents the way that you think god would like to be served?

You don't get what I'm saying. There isn't a PERFECT religion out there. It is subjective to everyone and what their desires/needs are to serve a God. I go to a church where I don't necessarily agree with everything they teach. Some of their doctrine is flawed, but I don't base a lot of my spirituality in doctrine. The two things they DO practice and practice in amazing ways are the two main laws that Christ taught: Love your God with your whole heart and love your neighbor. Do you see what I'm getting at? You are going to disagree about doctrine with probably every church out there. But do they live the way Christ would have us live? If for the most part, they are, then maybe they're onto something. Being religious and being spiritual are two totally different things. JWs have a tendency to be dogmatically religious. Spiritual? I can't in good conscience say yes to that. Most JWs are all for show. It doesn't come down to whether or not Jehovah would be happy with them, but whether the elders would be. Most JWs can't distinguish between their religion and God. It's one and the same. Other religions are very different about that.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I will NEVER leave the truth. I have realized that the people do not practice what is being taught to them by the FS. Some do. As for the ones who do, i will contemplate thier course and imitate!

I am not familiar with you, but what is your attraction with people who, for the most part, are apostate? As for practicing what is taught by the FDS, you are NOT. You are quite openly communicating with posters who are disfellowshipped. What good are you doing yourself here if your Heart and future is with the Org?

• daystar
    daystar
    i think the jws are the closest to being the true religion when you compare them to other organized religion.

I remember that I felt that way for years after I left. It was only after I stopped referring to the New World Translation and to more accurate translations that I began to see the truth about the matter. What the WTS has done is to rewrite the rules to make themselves appear to have the "Truth". Once you wipe away all the nonsense the WTS has programmed into your mind and look at it all again as a child, you might see this.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

sorry i dont get what your saying. i believe what the witnesses teach except for the harsh punishment of df ing. i dont think people should celebrate Christmas and even tho i would join the army and kill if needed i dont think thats right.

i dont believe in hell if there was one god is just as bad as Satan for letting it happen and the punishment doesn't fit the crime. i dont think you should smoke anything or use foul language both of which i do on a regular basis and i think the world will be a paradise again because that was gods original plan for the earth.

i think the jws try to hard to be right and make up some rules that are to strict but i think their bible knowlage is pretty close to being right, but thats just my opinion and im up for change if im showed something different

• daystar
    daystar
    I will NEVER leave the truth. I have realized that the people do not practice what is being taught to them by the FS. Some do.

Defd. You do realize of course that just your being here belies your being an upstanding JW. You are cohorting with apostates and unbelievers, which is very, very against WTS doctrine. If you are baptised, and you are caught here, you will likely be disfellowshipped. In that case, you would have no choice in the matter. They would boot you out with a quickness.

Many of us weren't given much of a choice, you see.

• daystar
    daystar

not the administrator

So, you hold all the exact beliefs as the JWs, except for the one about disfellowshipping? Don't you wonder why you hold exactly the same beliefs?

Many, many of the JW teachings are simply not biblical. If you only read the Watchtower and Awake! magazines and the scriptures you're told to read in the context of those magazines, your mind is programmed to believe exactly as they teach, right or wrong. Try forgetting, just for a while, what you believe and read the bible, even if it's the New World Translation (which is badly mis-translated) with no pre-conceived ideas about what is being conveyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit