Defd, why are you being so mean?

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest jw friends

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

i like valgarity sometimes. nothing drives a point more home than throwing in a good f word followed by a finger. lets other people know your tired of talking about it

• defd
    defd

How sad that one's goal in life is to "imitate" others. ; Pathetic.

You called me mean? whats this the epitimy of kindness?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Someday, we're going to get you. Oh yeah, we're going to get you. Sooner or later, you're going to smoke a White Owl and then we're going to get you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Can we try to remember that there's a human being at the end of the wire?

We've all dealt with some level of cognative dissonance, at some point. It's overwhelming enough without being battered by a mob...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Someday, we're going to get you. Oh yeah, we're going to get you. Sooner or later, you're going to smoke a White Owl and then we're going to get you.

Isn't there a Blondie song that echos that statement??? One Way, Or Anooother.....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Personally, what I've seen of defd's posts, at least recently, they feel like attacks. I've also see posters responses that feel like counter attacks.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Billy made some pretty mean comments. Im simply stating my opinions and thoughts, the same as everyone else here(minus the vulgarity).

Nothing I said was mean. It was honest. There is a difference. Sometimes honesty hurts...especially when you don't want to believe the facts are true. And where was I vulgar?

Someone else mentioned being thick-skinned. This is not a word I'd use to describe ANY JW. They are ubersensitive to anything said negatively about their beliefs. To any JW reading this: If what you have IS the Truth, why be ubersensitive about the negativity? Won't your precious Truth stand the test of time and all the naysayers? We have all seen the changes in the last 25 - 50 years by your very own publications. It doesn't seem many of your teachings are standing the test of time at all.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    think the jws are the closest to being the true religion when you compare them to other organized religion.

That's interesting, I think they are about as opposite to true religion as it is possible to get, except for cults or terrorism. They are certainly not bible-based at all when you accept that the New Testament fulfills the Old. Why did they revert back to OT emphasis in the 1930s?

True religion is summed up in the golden rule. Even their doctrine about FDS and New Light can easily be demonstrated to be very unbiblical.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't see defd as being mean at all. He's stated several times he wants to keep the discussion on an adult level without insults and I can respect that.

He's in a difficult spot. Trying to defend a religious sect that has some bizarre teachings that are clearly not in the Bible. I think he sometimes is talking to himself in responding to questions in an attempt to quiet his doubts and disagreements with the Society's teachings. Besides I think someone with pro-JW leanings is outstanding for those lurking. They may have their own doubts and to see all those JW teachings torn down bit by bit with logic and reason, while never seeing a reasoned Biblically based defense can only speed their exit from this sect.

Ross makes an excellent point as usual.

Chris

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    thick-skinned. This is not a word I'd use to describe ANY JW.

I agree Billy, but why shouldn't we be, even if they are not, after all we are speaking from a position of greater strength and enlightenment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit