Defd, why are you being so mean?

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    dont think people should celebrate Christmas and even tho i would join the army and kill if needed i dont think thats right.

i dont believe in hell if there was one god is just as bad as Satan for letting it happen and the punishment doesn't fit the crime. i dont think you should smoke anything or use foul language both of which i do on a regular basis and i think the world will be a paradise again because that was gods original plan for the earth.

Do you think JWs are the only ones that believe that? You've GOT to start researching my friend. LOL!

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

like i said im up for change.

• freedom96
    freedom96
    i think the jws are the closest to being the true religion when you compare them to other organized religion.

In my studies of the bible, with it alone, and no WTS material with it telling me how to believe, I, along with many others have come to the conclusion that, in reality, the WTS is very far away from what the bible actually teaches.

They pride themselves on being so different, but in doing so they have made themselves so wrong.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

well i still have family in so tell me something to say to them and ive already done the 1914 and the un thing

• Legolas
    Legolas
    think the jws are the closest to being the true religion when you compare them to other organized religion.

That's interesting, I think they are about as opposite to true religion as it is possible to get, except for cults or terrorism. They are certainly not bible-based at all when you accept that the New Testament fulfills the Old. Why did they revert back to OT emphasis in the 1930s?

True religion is summed up in the golden rule. Even their doctrine about FDS and New Light can easily be demonstrated to be very unbiblical.

Jaffy you got that 99.9% right!!!!! The exception being they ARE a cult!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I will NEVER leave the truth.

How many of us used to think like this before we woke up?

I know I did. Even though I felt in the back of my mind that something was wrong, I told myself that I would never leave because I wanted to live forever. I told myself that this was God's organization and it was nearly perfect.

Ah, the bad ole days.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    i think the jws try to hard to be right and make up some rules that are to strict but i think their bible knowlage is pretty close to being right, but thats just my opinion and im up for change if im showed something different

Not the admisistrator, If you are serious, there is much that can be researched to prove how unscriptural JWs actually are. It is their false doctrines that directly create the wrongs that we all recognise. It is misunderstanding and/or distortion of scriptures.

Have you read In Search of Christian Freedom by Ray Franz. He taught the rest of the JW Governing Body what scriptures really mean, until they got rid of him. I have a feeling the scales will fall from your eyes in the coming months.

Try reading the New Testament (how about New Jerusalem Bible - even JWs like this one). Start with John's gospel, then Paul's letters to Romans & Galatians. Then lets discuss.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Even though I felt in the back of my mind that something was wrong, I told myself that I would never leave because I wanted to live forever. I told myself that this was God's organization and it was nearly perfect.

See, I never felt that way. I never thought paradise was a good enough reason for me to do things I was doing. I served Jehovah with the organization because I truly believed that it was the truth. I thought that upholding his sovereignty and helping people to come to an accurate knowledge of truth was my purpose in life. I was content with dying as long as I got to serve my God. I realized in time though that I wasn't serving him. I was serving men. That took all of the desire and ardour for the organization out of me. It made me HATE that I had wasted my time. It made me resent the elitist attitude that I reflected from exposure to that environment.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

where can i get Franz book? and as far as being spoon fed and doing research what the hell do you think people come here for? this is research as far as I'm concerned. what other religions dont believe in hell and think that god hasn't changed his mind about the earth? thats a simple question and telling me isn't spoon feeding me it called being courteous i think.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

where can i get Franz book? and as far as being spoon fed and doing research what the hell do you think people come here for? this is research as far as I'm concerned. what other religions dont believe in hell and think that god hasn't changed his mind about the earth? thats a simple question and telling me isn't spoon feeding me it called being courteous i think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit