long years of brainwashing finally come to an end.....

by girl_interrupted 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• econaut
    econaut
    The world has some great people and great experiences, but I can't live my life without purpose.

jmusic,

This is the scare that the JWs put in their members. It is erroneous on the part of the JWs to assert that people who do not conform to their goal in life (saving their butt from destruction) don't have a "purpose". "Purpose in life" is what you determine it is for you, what is going to make you happy and feel fulfilled. For some that is just having a family and being the best parent/grandparent they can, for others it means they have to help animals, the environment or strangers. Your "purpose" is what you make it to be.

Girl_interrupted,

Welcome to the board! I too had many questions around the age when you did. I dealt with (buried) them for 15 years before finally leaving. Hooray for you to be free so much sooner in life!!

Cheers to you and your new found friends,

econaut

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Did anyone else notice that girl_interrupted and jmusic both created their accounts on the same day? It also seems that every topic that girl_interrupted starts jmusic is there with his posts. Why of all the topics jmusic can choose to reply on, he chooses girl_interrupted topics? So far there have been two topics started by girl_interrupted and only in those did jmusic chose to reply. Is this just a coincidence?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Welcome to the real life, GI! - and congrats on leaving the Lie.

Many things prompted me to start thinking, really thinking about the true nature of the organisation,

You had such deeps thoughts at such a young age

Ahh, Defd is upset. Everybody`s leaving the Witnoids. Pretty soon, the only place JW-dom will have "prospering" congregations, is in South-American, Africa and some parts of Eastern Europe. You might want to start learning spanish, Defd.

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Welcome Girl_Interupted!

Dealing with the aftermath of spiritual abuse, even if it was unintentional, takes time. From the research I've done the average recovery time is 8 years, so go easy on yourself. This site is the one place that I can go and know that others understand about JW culture, the good and the bad about being in the Org and the destructive reality of being d'fd or walking away. Many here also do tons of research, so when you are up to it, you'll find more than you ever wanted to know on almost any spiritually-related topic, amoungst lots of other non-spritually related stuff too.

Hope you find yourself at home here =)

That's the Truth to Me.

• mssmite
    mssmite

It really bothers me when people say that the world has nothing to offer therefore i went back to the "truth". Too bad they cant find God in their heart, and live a life full of love and being kind to others. They need the elders to tell them whats right and whats wrong. And after all the partying and cheating on their women, they decide that the world has nothing good to offer them and they return to the so called truth. Im not a jw's , have never been and will never be! My whole family on my mothers side is, and as far as i can remember the world is coming to an end soon! And many years of read this and jah this...so sick of it! So happy my mom never got into it! For someone to actually believe that they are "saved", and the rest of the world is going to shwits cuase one is not a jw's is the most naive thing i have ever heard!

I know someone who has jumped from religion to religion like a lost puppy. Cant she see that God is in her heart not in a religion? Never seen such a confused person. She ended up as a jw's, poor her!

That one cannot talk to a best friend cause she has been disfellowshipped, do you see that as something that is right? That i should ignore you in the street and make believe i dont know you? That sounds so evil!

If you feel happy being a jw's good for you, but please dont shun the rest of us cause we see otherwise. Stop knocking on our doors on saturday and sunday mornings, stop handing those pamhlets out or sliding them under our doors, we dont want them!

jmusic,,,i feel for you,,not finding anything outside jw's...there is so much to enjoy and love, its called life! God gave it to each and everyone of us..remember its all in your heart

• jgnat
    jgnat

girl_interrupted, welcome to the board. Reading personal stories is still my favorite pastime here on JWD. I think you are a perfect example of what is wrong with child baptism. People have not fully formed their personal beliefs until adulthood. If adult children never develop some form of independence, they have never grown up. Bravo for growing up. Bravo for being true to yourself.

http://www3.azwestern.edu/psy/dgershaw/lol/AdolIndepend.html

Hi, jmusic. Good try on “I’ll never look again”. I see you are already at post three.

Obviously, no spiritually strong witness would be posting on this site.

You live in a box. There are plenty of excellent, worthy people outside of the WTBTS. I don’t think you have seen enough of the “world” yet. Your entire paragraph is full of excuses. Jesus never gave excuses. He told things as they were, and fixed things that were wrong. I am a follower of Christ, not an error-filled organization. I’d rather follow His example.

I know no one is visiting this website for spiritual encouragement, so I'm sure this won't receive any support on the discussion board

How do you know this? One of my greatest pleasures in life is to give encouragement. I think God made me to be an encourager to many people. You live in a box. Besides encouraging you to get out of your box, I encourage you to seek out your DF’d friends and tell them you will never abandon them, no matter if they follow your organization or not. I sense you grieve deeply for your loss. Don’t deny it.

By the way, I don’t think there is anything sinister from two posters registering at once. I have a feeling we managed to stir up a teeny discussion board somewheres.

Welcome, too, mssmite. Here’s my thread just for all you newbies.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

• Tez
    Tez

Welcome to this site.. I know it will help you and hopefully your parents as well. Look forward to maybe your mum posting on here too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit