long years of brainwashing finally come to an end.....

by girl_interrupted 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• out of the box
    out of the box

WELCOME Girl!

I am new here too, and wanted to wish you a productive time on this board! Don't hold back, and just let it hang! Tell us what you are up to now? And your family?

out of the box

• inquirer
    inquirer
    girl_interrupted one example being that when a wonderful JW family friend passed away, another 'friend' made the comment that it was the best thing that could have happened as she was not strong in the Truth..... (what a load of s*t!!!

I have since made some brilliant ;'worldly' friends who ;are better people then the whole lot of them put together........! ;Anyways, sorry if I've been rambling, feel free to reply!

That's an awful thing to say! If you are weak in the truth, die at armageddon! They need to change their policies and doctrines and get in touch with humanity! I am even surprised (maybe naively) but this comment! I've heard comments in the past that are so dungy, but this would top them all! Don't make people role in the graves! It's a very bad! Un-Christian think to say! It's just not right! But when you think of the whole situation... I mean, they are pretty screwed up people. They are right on some things, but fail miserably in other areas. They need a reform! If there is a reform, I might even join! Who knows!

• inquirer
    inquirer
    rebel8 -- Welcome, girl_interrupted.

Be aware there are some JW apologists on this forum mixed in with ex-JWs. That will explain some of the comments you'll be reading. I don't want to mention any names defd Everyone is welcome on this forum and it does bring a diversity of ideas.

Well. I hope I am not mistaken for I believe in fair bit of their doctrines but not all of them! I could not be a JW because they are as cold as liquid nitrogen (as one guy put it on this forum once!) The most important thing is love and they simply can't agape love!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Sorry. Forgot to say WELCOME TO THE BOARD! I think JW's (if they had the guts to) should read Carl Ollofson's "The Sign of the Last Days - when?" I am reading it now. Doesn't appear to be armadeddon time now! (red for an added effect.)

• jmusic
    jmusic

Hey everyone,

Let me get this out of the way first. Obviously, no spirtually strong witness would be posting on this site. I came across it on a websearch, and noticed this post in particular. No, I'm not a pioneer and I'm not "counting my time" for this.

girl_interrupted, I'm sorry for the loss of your family friend. The fact that a witness would say something like that is horrible, but you can't blame your decision to leave the truth based on the actions of another person. They will have to account for their actions when the time comes. We are all imperfect (it's the truth, whether or not you hear it at every meeting). Congregations are made up of imperfect people. I sympathize with all of you. Three of my closest friends have all left the organization, two by disfellowshipping and one by deciding to leave. I love them very much, even though they are no longer JWs. The point is, if you decide to leave the organization that is your choice. I am a witness because I've seen what the world has to offer. The world has some great people and great experiences, but I can't live my life without purpose. I can't accept any other religion as the truth because I've seen the scriptual evidence showing false teachings in other religions. All of this supports my decision to remain a witness. The society has made mistakes in the past, that's obvious to anyone who has done research on the subject. Can you believe that witnesses used to celebrate Christmas? It's true. 1975 was thought to be the year that this system of things would end. That's true as well. Witnesses used to be allowed to smoke, even if it was looked down upon. But, although mistakes have been made "the light gets brighter" as we approach the end of the system of things. False teachings are being weeded out and replaced by true teachings. If the society is teaching anything wrong now, it will be corrected in the near future. Jehovah directs the organization, but makes adjustments slowly when we are ready for them. I know no one is visiting this website for spiritual encouragement, so I'm sure this won't receive any support on the discussion board, but being a witness is difficult. Most members here know that from past experience. I made a choice to be a witness and follow the teachings, and I choose not to associate with disfellowshipped ones, even my best friends. I'm not brain washed, I can leave at anytime I want. If I am wrong, then at worst I lead a good life, enjoyed friendships with ones all over the world, and can count myself as a moral person. (One of the few moral 21 year olds). What's the worst case scenario if you are wrong?

You can tell me I'm brainwashed, that I'm wrong, or that I'm ignorant. That's fine. I made a dedication with my life, and I intend to follow that as best I can. Jehovah will always forgive and welcome back "lost sheep". Please make sure that you are certain that you are justified in leaving the truth before you try to pull other people out with you. I'm going to delete this account right after this posting, so I won't be checking any replies or messages, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject.

• DHL
    DHL
    The world has some great people and great experiences, but I can't live my life without purpose.
    I can leave at anytime I want. If I am wrong, then at worst I lead a good life, enjoyed friendships with ones all over the world, and can count myself as a moral person. (One of the few moral 21 year olds).

People outside JW don't have/can't find purpose in their life? Plus they don't have any moral standards?

Jehovah directs the organization, but makes adjustments slowly when we are ready for them.

Aha, JW became more and more intelligent over the last 100 years so their god dares to make slow adjustments every now and then. JW can be really thankful for such a kind god! Well, maybe their god should make some slow adjustments towards getting rid of prejudices. He will probably do so as soon as JW will get ready for such an adjustment.

Btw: Hello and welcome, girl!

• out of the box
    out of the box

jmusic,

I'm going to delete this account right after this posting, so I won't be checking any replies or messages, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject.

Is there someone that will check your computer to see what you have done? Is that why you must delete traces of that post? That does not seem like you are secure in your suroundings. I detect a bit of fear in you of being caught having your own ideas.

Obviously, no spirtually strong witness would be posting on this site.

I guess that you are neither in nor out at times. I think you are on the fence. How can that be a life? Too bad you 'won't be checking any replies or messages', because you need to talk things out more! We need to hear YOUR story!

out of the box

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Isn't this an interesting thread. Somehow this cry for help has all the pro-JWs crawling from the woodwork.

I encourage all readers to carefully analyze jmusic's statement above. All the classic rational is there including the real reason JWs won't come to terms with their fantasy world:

I can't live my life without purpose.

Also the double standard for JWs and other religions:

For the WTS one standard...

If the society is teaching anything wrong now, it will be corrected in the near future.

For other beliefs another standard...

I can't accept any other religion as the truth because I've seen the scriptual evidence showing false teachings in other religions.

Bald-faced self-deception:

I made a choice to be a witness and follow the teachings, and I choose not to associate with disfellowshipped ones, even my best friends.

(What do you call participating on an apostate site if not "association"?)

Indeed, "no spirtually strong witness would be posting on this site" including jmusic.

jmusic, I'm counting on the fact that you are reading this. Thank you for confirming that the mind of a JW is desperate for anything but the truth.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome to the forum girl! I know the jw apologists can't affect you. I really feel for them. Perhaps some day they'll have the courage the rest of us have had to truly open their eyes and see the organization for what it really is: At best, it's just another religion, at the very worst, it's a cult that destroys and wastes peoples lives. They can make up all the excuses in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that it is a waste of time to spend ones life as a volunteer bookseller hoping to win the prize of life eternal. jmusic calls that "purpose". I call it an extraordinary waste of ones talent.

The boys in Brooklyn once deceived us too.

I'm glad you're out!

Stick around.

You're among true friends here.

Sweet tee

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

welcome to freedom Girl, look forward to hearing more from you, and i agree with you Sweet Tee, i regard anything i did as a dub was a waste of my talent, time and money. i wont make the same mistake again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit