long years of brainwashing finally come to an end.....

by girl_interrupted 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• girl_interrupted
    girl_interrupted

Hi everyone, I'm new here......basically, I found this website a couple of weeks ago when I was in dire need of some like-minded souls who had felt screwed up about the JW's. From about the age of four/five, my parents and I were involved in the organisation, and all three of us are stil messed up because of it.....we are no longer involved in it, but it took quite a few years before my parents found the strength to leave. To begin with, I was quite a zealous JW, was baptised at twelve and disfellowshipped at fourteen, because as I got older I began to grow ''weak in the Truth'' as people so kindly described me! Many things prompted me to start thinking, really thinking about the true nature of the organisation, one example being that when a wonderful JW family friend passed away, another 'friend' made the comment that it was the best thing that could have happened as she was not strong in the Truth..... (what a load of s*t!!!

I have since made some brilliant 'worldly' friends who are better people then the whole lot of them put together........! Anyways, sorry if I've been rambling, feel free to reply!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Nice to meet you G.I.

The Watchtower loads us with baggage that we tend to carry around for years but at least you are fortunate that all three of you managed to leave together. Welcome to the group.

Nic'

• defd
    defd

I was quite a zealous JW, was baptised at;twelve and disfellowshipped at fourteen,

Thats puzzeling?

Many things prompted me to start thinking, really thinking about the true nature of the organisation,

You had such deeps thoughts at such a young age

• Ellie
    Ellie

Hello and welcome to the board

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Welcome, Girl!! Nice to meet you!

Rachel

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I was quite a zealous JW, was baptised at;twelve and disfellowshipped at fourteen,

Thats puzzeling?

O......How so.....?

Many things prompted me to start thinking, really thinking about the true nature of the organisation,

You had such deeps thoughts at such a young age

I guess as a kid those deep thoughts that were so spiritual to get you into the organization are incomprehensible to a JW if you're on the way out.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Hi girl_interrupted, welcome

I'm sure you did have deep thoughts at the age of 14, of course if they were WTBS approved thoughts then I'm sure certain posters here would be applauding you for being a good witless youth instead of giving you such a rude welcome.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Welcome girl interupted.look forward to more posts.STP

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome GI -

You will find many like minded ones here. Sounds like you left at a fairly early age. Some of us waited for many decades, thinking we had the 'truth'. Glad to have you here.

Jeff

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Girl interrupted,

Welcome. Deep thoughts at twelve? Why not. Its often memory that interprets those motivations as being deeper than they were. The acceptance of the WT's "urgent message" to "know God" by anyone at any age is often perceived as "deep" when it is actually a relatively common survival response. "The end of the world is coming ya know." There is always the desire to please, (and perserve) those we love, ie: parents through the Big A. I'm sure you were very sincere. Thats how one gets sucked in. Now your mind is free to think without further hindrance by the powers that were.

Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty free at last!

Post some more as you need to vent, ask or celebrate your life,

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit