long years of brainwashing finally come to an end.....

by girl_interrupted 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome, girl_interrupted.

Be aware there are some JW apologists on this forum mixed in with ex-JWs. That will explain some of the comments you'll be reading. I don't want to mention any names defd Everyone is welcome on this forum and it does bring a diversity of ideas.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Many things prompted me to start thinking, really thinking about the true nature of the organisation,

You had such deeps thoughts at such a young age

I believed she qualified her statement with the below...

one example being that when a wonderful JW family friend passed away, another 'friend' made the comment that it was the best thing that could have happened as she was not strong in the Truth..... (what a load of s*t!!!

Even at 14, hearing such a blatant statement can be eye-opening...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Many things prompted me to start thinking, really thinking about the true nature of the organisation,

I also would like to know why you would say such a thing. At 12 and 14 is she not allowed to think of those things? Obviously if she's mature enough to get baptized at that early age, she's mature and smart enough to comprehend when things aren't right. Right?

You speak out of both sides of your mouth defd. You have a tendency to be forward thinking and condescending at the same time. What gives?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Welcome to the site. Im sure you will find a lot of likeminded people here....

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    one example being that when a wonderful JW family friend passed away, another 'friend' made the comment that it was the best thing that could have happened as she was not strong in the Truth..... (what a load of s*t!!!
    Even at 14, hearing such a blatant statement can be eye-opening...

O come now.......

she could've been more long-suffering, or kept her eyes on the prize, or put her hope in the resurrection, or recognize her brother's imperfection, or not be fault-finding, or ......(insert another JW cliche' here)......

..........anything else other than assigning blame to the slave or the organization.....

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'll translate...

You had such deeps thoughts independent thinking at such a young age. I wish I had the courage to think independently now, and I'm an adult. I find indpendent thinking threatening and scary.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

girl-interrupted WELCOME!!!!

Deep thoughts at 12-14??? Yes, of course! I had them. I was just too fearful to act on them because my dad was an elder and of course "everything you say and do reflects on your father..." (quote from mom). So I got baptized at 14 and pulled out of school at 16 go to into the ministry because the "End is coming! The End is Coming!". I really enjoyed school, so why was I so willing? "They" (my parents ) bought me a car so I could pioneer, but would sell it if I returned to school.

Dang, GI, I wish I had had your pluck!

Hugs and again a giant

WELCOME!!!!

Aunty Brenda.

ps --- defd - leave her alone. you are being a prick. and I'm not referring to male genetalia, either.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Defd is about 14, and is here counting his time. God forbid he should auxiliary pio some month!

• undercover
    undercover

Well, if you're mature enough at twelve to get baptized then I guess deep thoughts at such a young age would be expected. Dipshit.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome! Encourage your family to visit this site too, it can be very healing. (just ignore some of the idiots who post here in direct violation of the JW Watchtower rules)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit