long years of brainwashing finally come to an end.....

by girl_interrupted 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• daystar
    daystar
    You speak out of both sides of your mouth defd. You have a tendency to be forward thinking and condescending at the same time. What gives?

Defd's is typical paranoid JW thinking. Anything that shows the Org in a bad light is thought to be a lie or at least suspect. Any ex-JW knows this.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hey Girl Interrupted! Welcome to the site.

Unfortunately one of the side effects of being free is that people will sometimes start shooting off their mouth like some of the previous posters. Don't pay any mind to them. You are free and you have found people of like mind.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I have since made some brilliant 'worldly' friends who are better people then the whole lot of them put together

I am glad to hear that!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( Welcome to the board ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• girl_interrupted
    girl_interrupted

Hi guys, it's nice to have some kind of real support network at last :) My mum's taken a look at this site a few times and really likes it, so hopefully I can get her to post a couple of things! Thanks again peeps xox

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome GI !!!

I'm happy for you that your family is still intact and free from the Lie of the WT.

P.S. Defd is our current example of how reality and loyalty to the apostate Governinbg Body affects a person's judgement and behavior patterns. Many of us on the board are earnestly praying for his freedom and imminent release from the borg.

• thom
    thom

Welcome GI!

At 10 years old my daugter asked me "Since after the flood Jehovah put the rainbow to remind him never to do that kind of thing again, why is he going to do it again at Armageddon?" Of course I was a good JW dad at the time and explained to her the JW way, but in reality I wasn't sure of it myself. She didn't really believe me, than goodness!
    Yes, young people have brains too.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    "Since after the flood Jehovah put the rainbow to remind him never to do that kind of thing again, why is he going to do it again at Armageddon?" Of course I was a good JW dad at the time and explained to her the JW way, but in reality I wasn't sure of it myself.

Oh....my JW relative had even an answer for that question with all conviction. The answer and promise was not in relation to what he did as much as how he did it...ie, he won't destroy everyone on earth using a global flood of water, but by some other means.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, Girl_

I'm glad you're here and I am looking forward to meeting your momI, too, noticed and questioned things I saw in JW-land at an early age. My mother worried that I was "too smart" and would get in trouble "running ahead" of the orgHmmm...

~Merry

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

You will meet some very nice people here and learn a lot , enjoy your life WELCOME TO THE BOARD

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I have since made some brilliant 'worldly' friends who are better people then the whole lot of them

Amen sister, and welcome to freedom. It's a little bittersweet sometimes, but better than JWism any day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit