Jehovah’s mother chose death before baby

by trevor 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Doubtfully,

I wish you would shit or get off the pot.

The blood issue nearly killed my child, because of my and my X-wife's JW beliefs.

The blood issue DID kill my mother, because of her JW beliefs.

Perhaps if she hadn't signed the death warrant papers the GB requires of their 'faithful' she might be alive now. She was unable to communicate what she wanted to do at that very important time.

She was conscious, her eyes showed her fear about what was happening. She was mute, because of the ventilator in her throat. She saw our fear. I don't believe for one millisecond she 'wanted' to die, but, die she did. AND, she absolutely would have lived if she had taken Hemoglobin, which is 'OK' as a conscience matter for JW's.

My Mom had not been clear about 'blood fractions' hell, she did not know the difference. The Hospital Liason Elders and my JW relatives are the ones who decided my Mom should die for believing in the old men in Brooklyn.

Extremely ;seldom ;cases comes to that point, though. ; A concious, faithful JW takes the best care of him/herself possible and seeks the best medical treament in order to avoid reaching such point. ;

In the majority of cases, JWs or otherwise, even with the blood having been applied the person would've died anyway.

DY

Extremely seldom...? Well twice in my life I've been faced with this ! Try using the word SELDOM so cavalierly to the many thousands of relatives that have lost their loved ones to this murderous Jehovah's Witness policy. Somehow, I don't think they look at these unnecessary deaths as you do...with a *shrug* of your shoulders. Oh, well, it wasn't your Mom or Dad, or child, brother or sister...was it now ?????

BTW, is this another one of your 'hit n' run' apologies for the Governing Body ? What...do you get a per diem from the WTS to come here and insult people with this unfeeling swill ??

* Normally I'm one of the calmest people you'd ever want to meet. But, not on this subject, ever. This is personal for me and everyone else that's been touched by the deadly doctrines of the men you believe in.

Rabbit

Never Surrender !

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Hey, that's the way the faith goes.

JWs have hospitals and doctors that will help them get the best blood-less treatments available to mankind. However, if it comes to blood or death, many will choose death rather than betray their faith.

Extremely seldom cases comes to that point, though. A concious, faithful JW takes the best care of him/herself possible and seeks the best medical treament in order to avoid reaching such point.

In the majority of cases, JWs or otherwise, even with the blood having been applied the person would've died anyway.

DY

More pro-JW nonsense from DY, I'm not surprised. Keep this up and it won't be long before all of DY's comments are followed by someone telling the rest of us... "DON'T FEED THE TROLL".

• rebel8
    rebel8
    There are other means I thought for blood transfusions, synthetic something?

No, you are not wrong. There are synthetic alternatives. Unfortunately, they are not suitable for all blood loss situations, so real blood is needed at times.

You are prudent to feel uncomfortable with a transfusion. You are just sensible about it, unlike the JWs--you'd get a transfusion if there was no alternative.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There is now even an English statement on the Website of the German branch:

http://wachtturm.de/0/pdf/med/ldi/2005-08-05-E.pdf

S TATEMENT

J EHOVAH ’ S W ITNESSES No. 11/05
    August 5, 2005 Statement Regarding the Death of a Mother in Landau/Isar We feel deep sorrow and grief at the loss experienced by the dead woman’s husband, children, parents, relatives, and friends. We hope that the close bonds of association within the local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses will serve to ease their pain. Practical help is being provided.

We also feel profound sympathy for the hospital staff, who were subject to considerable emotional stress.

With regard to the tragic death on July 16, 2005, the media reported nationwide about the religion of the deceased mother and her stand regarding the transfusion of blood.

On the evening before giving birth to her second child, the young mother went to the district hospital of Landau. Members of staff were familiar with the contents of her Advance Medical Directive, wherein the mother excluded any homologous blood transfusions because of her own conscientious decision. In harmony with the Holy Scriptures that teach Christians to ‘abstain from blood,’ the patient personally rejected this particular treatment, although she was willing to accept other medical procedures. God’s Word states in Acts 15:20, 28, 29: "For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood … and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper." The doctors responsible had assured the patient of their ability to treat her in accordance with her religious views.

Unfortunately, bleeding set in. According to recent statistics in Germany 6.8 mothers per 100.000 die while giving birth, bleeding being one of the three main causes (

Das Hebammenbuch, Lehrbuch der praktischen Geburtshilfe. ) Regrettably, despite employing various measures, including two operations, the doctors could neither stop the bleeding in time nor locate its cause promptly. There is no basis for the claim in the media that a blood transfusion could have saved the woman’s life. This becomes particularly clear when seen against the background of a similar tragic case in Baden-Wurttemberg in 1991, in which one of Jehovah’s Witnesses died despite massive blood transfusions.

Each one of Jehovah’s Witnesses considers life to be a gift from God and therefore treat it with great respect. The Bible teaches according to James 1:17: "Every good gift and every perfect present is from above." For this very reason, Jehovah’s Witnesses carefully seek qualified medical help. The deceased woman did just that. To our deep regret the outcome was a tragic one.

Informationsbüro der Zeugen Jehovas

Am Steinfels

65618 Selters

Telefon 06483 41-3110

E-Mail [email protected]

Fact Sheet Jehovah’s Witnesses and Blood-Free Treatment in Germany

1. During the 1980’s, Jehovah’s Witnesses began an arrangement called Hospital Information Services and formed Hospital Liaison Committees worldwide to facilitate blood-free treatment for patients. Up to the present, these services are available in 150 countries, working in cooperation with more than 120,000 experienced doctors; about 5,600 of these doctors are in Germany.
    2. When planning for an operation, Jehovah’s Witnesses can normally choose between several teams of doctors. Competent medical care is also assured in emergency cases. Members of a Liaison Committee become involved only upon the wish of either the patient or the doctor. They exer-cise no influence whatever over the conscientious decision of the patient, and they fully respect the relationship between doctor and patient.
    3. The fatality rate is calculated on the basis of 100,000 live births. Maternal mortality in Germany amounts to 6.8 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants. For several years the major causes of maternal deaths have been: infections (25 %), late gestosis (15 to 20 %), and hemorrhage (10 to 20 %). Mändle, Opitz-Kreuter, Wehling: Das Hebammenbuch, Lehrbuch der praktischen Geburtshilfe, 3 rd edition, Stuttgart 2003, p. 756.
    4. "A clear-cut alternative, of either treatment with blood or death, arises very rarely. This alternative should therefore not be the major consideration when operating on Jehovah's Witnesses. Far more important is that em-phasis be placed on medical aspects, which, when applied consistently, help avoid exactly these final conflicts of conscience. … In all 25 abdomi-nal operations on Jehovah's Witnesses we used no blood. None of the pa-tients died; we observed under conditions of mechanical ventilation a minimal value of 1.8 g/dL hemoglobin. … An allogeneic blood transfusion is certainly much more rarely of vital necessity than is generally assumed. U. Kania et al., „Verhalten bei Operationen von Zeugen Jehovas", Chirurgie und Recht, R. Häring [Hrsg.], 1993, pp. 144-154.

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks for the update, GJW. They are obviously building their case.

Each one of Jehovah’s Witnesses considers life to be a gift from God and therefore treat it with great respect.

Okay, now I want to hurl.

tal

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    If you live life as if there is no tomorrow you could disrupt your relationship w/ God.

So living life as if there is no today is more pleasing to God?

That's sad.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

This is pathetic. It's the year 2005 for god's sakes. There's no reason why any woman should die giving birth. I hope either that kid grows up to be a world leader who fights against religions like JWs, or kills the damn Nazis that enforced her mother's "conviction" to die.

• Gill
    Gill

Having been in the same situation as this woman and being very lucky to survive, in fact it took weeks and weeks to have strength to walk properly, I know, looking back honestly that refusing to try to have your life saved by you doctor is a selfish act.

I refused blood, because:

1) I'd been told it was against the law of God and if I took it, I would be ostracised by my family and friends, and community.

2) I had been terrified by the articles I'd read on blood bourne diseases.

3)I knew people who I loved would look down on me and think me weak and I would live my life in shame and as a 'dirty ' person in my JW community.

I don't doubt that this woman felt the same.

I'm a lucky survivor of JW anti blood propaganda.

My husband was very lucky not to be left with five children to bring up on his own. His experience of seeing an operating theatre floor covered in blood with nurses rushing in with sheets to put on the floor so that the two frantic surgeons, the anesthetists, several nurses, did not fall, traumatised him for a long time. I survived only because on the day of my surgery, they looked at me and thought, bloody hell, a JW who always bleeds like a pig when she has a child. Start getting that fluid into ther NOW. The surgery began and all hell literally broke loose. I was lucky that the head anesthetist and two very experienced consultant surgeons decided to take on my caesarian because of the very high risk I was under. My last memory before becoming unconscious was their frantic demands on eachother and their junior surgeon to 'clamp faster, for God's sake clamp faster!'

I survived because of their efforts.

Left to the WTBTS I'd be six foot under! If there was a hell, I'd say damn them to hell.

They don't give a shit what their lies and policies do to people!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

In a purely fantastical situation, I'd love to hook up any GB member (preferably a younger one) to a IV of blood, slice his wrists, and say all you gotta do to live is press this button and receive blood and live. And I won't tell anyone.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Thanks for posting that statement, GJW. Amazing how they can celebrate young people who died from refusing blood in an Awake magazine and yet feign sorrow for this woman's death. C'mon Watchtower, if you so afraid of the big bad beast and the media and spoke the truth, you're HAPPY she died "faithful." Where in the statement is any mention of Jesus' and his promise of resurrection? It's obvious to me they in their heart of hearts don't believe that crap either. Edited to add: I sent an email to the address provided in the statement: Where in your Statement Regarding the Death of a Mother in Landau/Isar do you mention this sister's resurrection hope? How can you celebrate the deaths of youths in a '94 Awake! and then put forth your feigned sorrow for this woman's death? Who do you consider more powerful, the "Superior Authorities" as NOW understood by your religion, or Jehovah God? This is just another example of why the mass exodus from Watchtowerism is occurring and why most thinking people can see right through your insipid and immoral religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit