Jehovah’s mother chose death before baby

by trevor 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The reason for the withdrawal of the statements on the German website is the fact that the parents of the mother stated they are sueing all JW involved in the case.

• Rod P
    Rod P

GermanXJW,

The German branch published two statements on July 27th and 28th in which they claimed that the reason for the hemorrhage could not be found, that it could not be stopped and that there was no chance to save the life of the woman even by means of a transfusion.

When you say the German branch, I presume that means the German headquarters of the WTBTS.

Also, I am puzzled over why the woman could not have been saved even if she had been given a blood transfusion. When you lose too much blood, you are in danger of dieing, because without blood you cannot get oxygen to the brain and the vital organs. So if you are given a transfusion, suddenly you have enough blood to do the job. Why then, when she lost too much blood during childbirth, would she necessarily die anyway, even if they gave her more blood?

Therefore, I am wondering if the JW Headquarters are using a lot of propaganda here.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rod P.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

There is nothing that the Watchtower Society does that can infuriate people more than this doctrine. It is a sheer helpless feeling to stand around and watch a loved one die...when they didn't have to.

As Fleaman said, most of us may have made that same choice at one time as JW's had the situation presented itself. My x-wife & I made that decision regarding our newborn baby. Our baby was dying, the Hospital lawyers were hurriedly getting the paper work to get a Court Order...when luckily things turned around for us...and our tiny baby. Our child got better and transfusion was no longer an issue. Naturally..."Jehovah stepped in to save our child, because of our faithfulness". We were 'heros' in our hall, circuit & district.

We were good dubs and we had our good dub supporters. We also had other relatives and of course, the doctors & nurses who thought we were crazy to let our child die...they felt helpless.

Many years later as I was exiting JWism...my Mom died (read murdered ) as a result of signing a blood card issued to her by a secretive, select group of old men in Brooklyn, NY who say they 'talk' to God . She had the Hospital Liason Committee there to make "plans that put an end to her" (as the song goes).

I seen both sides now very personally...

Rabbit

• Scully
    Scully
    Christians believe that Jesus gave his life for others, but do they have the right to do the same?

“No one has greater love that this, that someone should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends.” (John 15:13 – NWT)

The trouble with applying this scripture to those who die as a result of refusing blood, is that the "surrender his soul in behalf if his friends" part is missing. The death of a JW or a child of JWs does nothing to benefit anyone EXCEPT the WTS who hold the resurrection carrot out to the survivors who have lost a friend and/or loved one. When you have people who are so desperate to be reunited with a deceased loved one that they will become uber-JWs in order to attempt to survive Armageddon™, you have people who are ready and willing to be exploited by a sinister book publishing company that claims to speak for God.

According to the Bible Christians do have the right to give their lives so that others may live. If Christians can give their lives, would it be consistent to view some of their spare blood as more sacred than another’s life? How can it be wrong to accept blood as a life saving gift? How can the blood that symbolises life be more precious than life itself?

Welcome to the Wacky World of Watchtower WLogic

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I know some of you will think this hard, but I feel no sympathy for an adult that makes a stupid desision like this, they get what they deserve, just like those that do not save for their retirement and have to work at 70, they have to lay in the bed they made.

The same people will walk past you and me and look the other way because we are not worthy, not good enough, not a dubber,

If an adult with the same mind as you and I can not see how stupid it is to let an org. tell us what to watch, eat, when to die, than, they got what they wanted, and I feel no sympathy for it.

• Rod P
    Rod P

kilroy2,

Well, I agree with your sentiments about not feeling sorry for the choices a person makes as an adult, and therefore must be held accountable for the consequences of those choices.

However, one of the things that bothers me here, is the question of how much brain-washing has gone on with these JW's to the point that they have been conditioned to live in accordance with this fanaticism.

The second, and most important issue in my mind here, is the fact that the little baby boy had no choice in that matter. He has now lost a "mother" because of her choice. Does he deserve such a fate, expecially since he had no say in the matter? That is what's is so unfair and unjust here.

Rod P.

• M.J.
    M.J.

It's totally the brainwashing. I do not blame the mother, however twisted that sounds. I have learned to accept this line of thinking through my own personal experience. Many here have voiced that they would have done the same at one time. It's amazing how pervasive the brainwashing is. Their sense of reality has been so skewed and manipulated.

• toladest
    toladest

One of the hardest days of my life was when my sister-in-law, who was also one of my best friends, almost died refusing a blood transfusion. She was not yet baptized, but was studying and my brother, her husband was a baptized witness. I was present at the child birth and held her hand through it. (I was still a JW at that point) She had signed the no blood order before going in. At the time none of us gave it a second thought. After her beautiful daughter was born the doctor could not get the placenta to come out. The idiot yanked on her cord and tore the placenta out, causing her to start hemorrhaging. They rushed her to the OR to do a D&C (?) and they came out a bit later to tell us she was bleeding to death and needed a blood transfusion. At this point her parents had arrived. They were not JW's and they were begging for my brother to convince Rhonda to take the blood. He stood firm. I'm sure he would have loved to have me stand by his side and support him, but I could not. I went to an adjacent room were I squated in a corner, rocking back and forth and just cried and cried. I wanted her to take the blood! about ten minutes later another doctor emerged and said that this was it. She had lost so much blood that they may not be able to save her if they gave her blood but that they HAD to try. She was still bleeding at this point.He said that Rhonda, who was heavely drugged and sedated had agreed to give blood but that he had to let my brother know because she was so drugged. My brother told the doctor that he needed to speak to Rhonda. The doctor let him go back and my brother told Rhonda "you can't take the blood" and she said "ok". I think she was drugged and tired enough to say yes to anything. Thankfully, at the moment my brother went to her side she stopped bleeding. They brought her to ICU and she did recover. Of course they said that it was Jehovah watching out for her for being faithful. I find that offensive, since my niece died at 5 weeks old even though my brother and his wife were faithful and lost medical custody of her. Jehovah must have decided that since the courts ordered and the doctors gave her platelets that she was not worthy of living! Bu** Sh**!

Anyway, she almost died, I believe for my brother, not for Jehovah. She had only became a JW to make him happy and now that they are divorced she is DFed and wants nothing to do with the religion. But to my brother it SEEMED he was ready to make a huge sacrifice for Jehovah. Too bad 5 months later while Rhonda was STILL week and recovering, he somehow lost his strength and zeal for Jehovah when he began an ongoing affair with a 17 year old employee of his.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hey, that's the way the faith goes.

JWs have hospitals and doctors that will help them get the best blood-less treatments available to mankind. However, if it comes to blood or death, many will choose death rather than betray their faith.

Extremely seldom cases comes to that point, though. A concious, faithful JW takes the best care of him/herself possible and seeks the best medical treament in order to avoid reaching such point.

In the majority of cases, JWs or otherwise, even with the blood having been applied the person would've died anyway.

DY

• TD
    TD

In the majority of cases, JWs or otherwise, even with the blood having been applied the person would've died anyway.

Have you ever spent any time in a trauma center/emergency room?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit