Christmas???

by Legolas 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ButterflyCharmer
    ButterflyCharmer

I love the holiday's. At first i didnt know how to go about it, since i was raised in the borg, but my husband has helped me along the way, and his family has helped alot too, so it gets better every year. Plus, seeing the excitement in my son's eyes makes it even more of a wonderful time for me. I get to live vicariously(sp?) through him.

BC

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great pictures Quientin!!

Butterflycharmer I'm glad at least you can NOW celebrate and enjoy yourself and that your son can as well!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Celebrating Christmas in August on August 6 for the first time.

Will celebrate Christmas in December, too.

It's great to be free from believing that rejoicing about the birth of Christ is from Satan.

The Star of Bethlehem, for example, led the astrologers to Jesus and not to Herod. They lost sight of it when they got to Israel and went to Jerusalem looking for Him where Herod heard they were looking for the new king. Their gifts financed the family's escape and sojourn in Egypt when Herod tried to kill Jesus. Poor dubs have it all backwards.

• pooka
    pooka

I know of a exJW that just love the holiday and has put up a tree each year. Her JW daughters and sons will not come to her home while she has it up. She doesnt care though, and she likes the gift getting part too......she complains about how much money she spends though. I just keep telling her that she has to make up for all the years that she missed it. LOL (she's old)

Pooka

• Purza
    Purza

Yep -- it only took me 2 years to actually break down and say okay to a tree.

Our house is the brightest one on our block -- I love the lights with the fake deer on the lawn. Gotta find somemore tacky stuff for this year's house decorations.

Purza

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I love christmas , I put up a big tree and decorate with lights I then put up outside lights on the house. I can't wait to open my presents. We now have a rule now that I have to wait to at least 6.30am to open my presents. As I was wanting to open presents about 4.30 am. Did I mention I am 42 years of age.

• Purza
    Purza
    Did I mention I am 42 years of age.

You are never too old to get excited about presents. My problem is I know what my husband and daughter get me because I peek.

Purza

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

oh yea! Love it! First my birthday in October, then my absolute favorite holiday, halloween, followed by the stuff yourself until you are sick turkey day, then yule. Hey, thats all coming right up! I best get shopping!

Sherry

• talesin
    talesin

Xmas is the BEST!!! I love it!

Making the presents, wrapping them, preparing the feast, decorating the home (and yourself!), delivering gifts and spending special times with friends, eggnog, and Xmas carols ....

'Twas in the moon of wintertime

When all the birds had fled,

That mighty Gitchee Manitou send angel choirs instead.

Before their light the stars grew dim

And wandering shepherds heard the hymn ...

Jesus our King is born, Jesus is born

In Excelsus Gloria!!!

*sorry, couldn't help it,,, I waited too many years to sing that beautiful song!!*

t

• thom
    thom

I've never celebrated Christmas in my life, but I plan to this year. My daughter, who never has either, is pretty excited about it.
    The biggest thing in my mind is where to put the tree. I live on a street that my family drive down all the time so I'm not yet decided whether to make it visible from the front of the house yet or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit