Christmas???

by Legolas 49 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

To make sure you guys celebrate, start now! I usually try to buy gifts throughout the year. Then it isn't such a big expense at Christmas. Traditions! Think of some now. We had lovely traditions, now they are pretty much out the window. I still do them, but, there is a big damper on everything. This year will be hard because one child will not be here this year, just graduated high school. Just thinking about it makes me sad. This year I think I will go on the roof and really decorate the house top to bottom! Let's just hope for no ice dams! carla

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

talesin:

Xmas is the BEST!!! I love it!

I love Christmas too. It's true meaning represents the birth of Jesus Christ.

"Xmas" on the other hand excludes Jesus. Soooooooo "Don't X Christ out of Christmas"

Hib

• Es
    Es

Oh hell yeah its the best part of the year, I have already started buying pressis, I love the wrapping the unwrapping everything bout it. Especially watching my son :) es

• delilah
    delilah

I love Christmas....I start every October, planning my wreaths, and winter floral arrangements. My husband puts up a wonderful tree, which the kids like to decorate, we put tons of tiny lights all over it. My front porch is alight with hundreds of tiny white lights....I LOVE the season.....every room in my home reflects the holidays.

Delilah

• talesin
    talesin

Hibiscus

I am not a Christian, which is why I use the X spelling. I do love the spirit of the holidays, though, and the traditions that go with it. I also celebrate the Winter Solstice with some of my friends.

On a more theological note, I find that in our culture, there is very little "christ" in the holiday, so 'Xmas' seems a bit less hypocrital to me. This is not to imply that you or some folks do not think of Jesus or worship during the holidays, but my experience has been that most people are celebrating a holiday that has become more secular than religious.

Just splaining my thinking on the matter. It doesn't mean I think my terminology is 'right', just right for me.

Hope that doesn't offend you.

tal

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Well, some people might X Christ out, but what do you do with the Mass, which is a Catholic belief? It was originally the Mass commemorating the birth of Christ. Christ's Mass=Christmas
    P.S. I love to celebrate Christmas. In addition to remembering Christ's birth, it's also a great time for family and friends to get together (especially if you live far away from each other).

• Dimples
    Dimples

I always celebrated Christmas until I became a JW. My husband never a JW, put up with our family not celebrating Christmas. Well, this year will be our 5th year of celebrating Christmas as a family. Our first Christmas, our daughter was 14 and our son was 6. They look forward to Christmas every year.

DIMPLES

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

christmas??????

i just got over halloween

• Soledad
    Soledad

As time goes by I am beginning to enjoy and look forward to Xmas. When I first left the WT I found it very difficult to celebrate it. Now it's not!

Here is to putting you all in the mood

• joelbear
    joelbear

we really got into christmas for a while then our interest faded. we do have fun putting up our giant inflatable penguin every year at christmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit