Christmas???

by Legolas 49 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Once I was with my wife (then partner) I started enjoying Christmas. Our first together was just after we move up north and she was miserable being away from her family, young and pregnant. For me it was the best Christmas every because I finally had someone to share the whole day with. Not only with Christmas but with so many other things she has shown and shared with me all the things I was missing out on in my life. I know I don't have any religious reasons for celebration, I accept it as a solstice festival and have no problem welcoming the longer nights. The best thing about Christmas is the family traditions and now I have some of my own.

• damselfly
    damselfly

This year will be my third Christmas. I love it, it's the biggest holiday for me since leaving. We always go to my boyfriend's parents home to celebrate so we don't have a tree or decorations at our house. They all know that it's a new holiday for me so his mom always hands me my presents first! I'm trying to get a new holiday tradition going where I get to open a present the night before but so far no luck.

Damselfly

• Ellie
    Ellie

I love Christmas, its my favourite time of year, I love everything about it, and I make sure that I have plenty of lights up in the windows to annoy any witness who may be passing.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Last year was our first year! The kids loved it, well, we all did! We got the family from out of town on the webcam and got the kids to open their presents.

Funny, Mrs. Kwin really had left the WTS org in November, yet December there she was decorating the house! She got a call from a pioneer in the hall while she was putting up decorations ... Mrs. Kwin said to go away because she was too busy.

Kwin

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Im like a really big kid at christmas now. I get so exited on xmas eve and xmas morning!

"Christmas to the max"

I now love this phrase.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I LOVE X-MAS!!!!

Halloween is my favorite holiday though. I love the whole costume aspect of it. My friends all make fun of me because I go to great lengths to have an outstanding Halloween costume. Last year I threw a big Halloween party at my house. I was dressed in a hobbit costume complete with pointy ears and furry feet. I had a douchebag filled with tequila slung over my shoulder and was dressed as "Douche Baggins" I made everyone who came in the door take a shot from the douchebag. Good times.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    The Star of Bethlehem, for example, led the astrologers to Jesus and not to Herod. They lost sight of it when they got to Israel and went to Jerusalem looking for Him where Herod heard they were looking for the new king. Their gifts financed the family's escape and sojourn in Egypt when Herod tried to kill Jesus. Poor dubs have it all backwards.

Wow I'll have to rearch that again!! This time with out the borg inplant!!!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Chestnuts on the open fire, jack frost freezing your nose hairs, it really is the best time of the year. Much as I love it though, its not the same for those of us raised in the borg as it is for other people that got to have it growing up, there is just something about having christmas when you are a kid that adds to the experience when you are an adult.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Some believe the star was directing these wise men, or magi, to Jesus in order to apoint him the next Dahli Lama, that is why he was presented with franken scence and muir.

Some say, that is why there is a gap in Jesus' life between his teens until the late 20's because he was in the east learning the tricks of the trade of a bonifide dahli lama.

I always find it interesting how eastern and western cultures mix.

Kwin

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Chestnuts on the open fire, jack frost freezing your nose hairs, it really is the best time of the year. Much as I love it though, its not the same for those of us raised in the borg as it is for other people that got to have it growing up, there is just something about having christmas when you are a kid that adds to the experience when you are an adult.

Yes I believe you to be right, just something else to piss me off about them!!!! Something else that they took away from people...grrrrrrrrrrr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit