Christmas???

by Legolas 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

I love that Soledad Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

• Legolas
    Legolas

I wish I was rich enough to fly EVERY jwd person here to have a big party!

• karen96
    karen96

I've celebrated Christmas since I was pregnant with my first son. We always spend Christmas Eve at my parents, everyone else would go to mass, while me an dsome others stayed behind to get things ready for Santa's visit. This year, since my parents are getting older and in bad health, we are having Christmas Eve at my house! I can't wait! I want it to be very special for my parents so they don't feel bad about not being able to do it themselves!

Karen

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    we do have fun putting up our giant inflatable penguin every year at christmas

LOL - Joel, you must put up some penguin pics whenever the annual "post your tree" thread gets started.

gently feral

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a lovely time of the year people are in a good joyous mood because of celebrating the coming of the saviour in this world, something that the jws totally miss and prefer instead to focus on the so called pagan roots.

It wasn't Russell that banned Christmas for the dubs so who was it? Rutherford or Franz?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

even when I was in the borg I always used to go to my grans' for lunch on christmas day, though I didn't do the whole gifts & trees & decoration thing. However this year is going to be much different. It's my first christmas out of the borg and I"m going large!!!!

I have my recipe for eggnog (compliments of talesin - it's sounds divine!!!!!!!!!) I'm getting a tree, one of those thingis you hang on the door, fake snow....I might even dress up as Santa for laughs.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I celebrate Christmas out of tradition, although I'm not too fond of the whole gift thing. That's one tradition that we could do without, yet it gets worse every year.

Honestly, how meaningful is a gift if someone is being forced to give it to you? I feel very forced when I have to give gifts to my immediate family members and friends. Half the time I have no idea what they want or if the gift I'm giving will ever be used, and I hardly ever have use for anything that I receive.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I celebrate Christmas out of tradition, although I'm not too fond of the whole gift thing.

Neither am I so I don't think we'll be doing the gifts, just the tree and the family gatherings.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I love Christmas! In fact, I love the whole holiday season starting with Halloween -- it's great to finally give candy to those cute little munchkins! (I'm not much into costumes, though the kids seem to like it.)

The first year we celebrated we spent TOO much money, so last year was a little scaled back but I saw genuine thoughtfulness from all of us. Jennie's present to me was to carefully sand down and paint my old childhood rocker -- it was a beautiful thought! And Jackson's present to me was the first Harry Potter book, which made me an instant fan and we spent a happy New Year's watching the three movies. Now everyone in the family has read all six books and we're eagerly awaiting the movie to be released in November.

It's just a wonderful time of year, full of love, cooler temperatures (a big deal in Texas) and FUN! (And I'm the one who has to look at the tree in awe and wonder last thing at night and first thing in the morning!)

Hugs to all,
    Nina

• Legolas
    Legolas

Cruzan I 'always' used to spend too much money at christmas, that was probably the only thing my husband liked when we joined the borg...no christmas!

So when I asked him the other day where we should we put our tree..lol..( he's a scrooge) well let's just say he didn't like hearing that. So I said that we wouldn't do the 'gift' part just the tree and gathering. So he didn't mind as much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit