Are You Happy With Your Life???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Single, never been married, and happy.

To Ellie: you said, "sometimes I do wish that I could stop letting my past drag me down,"

The past only exists as memory, memory is nothing but thought, thought has no real substance and therefore poses no real threat, only imagined threat; imagination is only thought - are YOU thought or that which witnesses thought? Let the past go since it is dead and gone anyway - all there is is right now; stay here in the present moment where everything is fresh and new and unspoiled by the mind.

A very wise man, Bob Adamson, has written a book, "What's Wrong with Right Now, Unless You Think About It" - he describes how we create our own suffering through the thought process; discover that which witnesses thought and you become free from your past, free from suffering.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm generally a pretty upbeat guy. I accept life for what it is and try to make the best of things.

• blondie
    blondie

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today is a gift. That's why it's called 'the present'. (Loretta LaRoche)

You can't see the future through a rearview mirror.

We can only live in today and I have found a piece of happiness in each day.

As one lady in her 90's told me, it's a good day, I woke up and read the obituaries and I wasn't in them.

Blondie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I have the foundation to create a happy life now, and I've discovered the motivation to live it.

GBL

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I know for a fact that I can and will be happier in the future,

but I also know that things could be much worse.

So that puts me in the middle... huh?

• Buster
    Buster

Sure. Of course life sucks. But on an upbeat note, its half over.

• kazar
    kazar

I am content. I am happy I am no longer a JW. That said, I would be happier if I had a job and more money right now.

• JH
    JH

Rat is happy. He just bought a brand new 2006 corolla won't get it before sept though...

• karen96
    karen96

What these people don't realize is that when you are miserable your whole life, thinking to yourself...."Once I get there I will be happy" is not going to happen. You must teach yourself how to be happy in the moment.

I used to be roommates with a Dub that felt all she needed was a husband. I kept thinking "What man would want someone who is not happy with herself?"

I am happy - I have a great husband, two wonderful and cute boys, a nice home and my family, who were never in the wtbts. I can't believe how much I have sacrificed for my "beliefs", and how much it hurt my family.

karen

• gringojj
    gringojj

I am very happy thank you! How fortunate I am!!!!!!!!

Resplendent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit