Are You Happy With Your Life???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Yes.

It took me a long time before I got to the place I am at now and I feel life is wonderful in that you as a person are constantly evolving. There is so much out there that makes life like a huge juicy peach you just want to take a huge bite out of (or mango...I am hungry right now, can you tell?)...so much knowledge, spice and beauty.

I feel very sorry for people who let *any* organized source (cult, religion, whatever you want to call it) dictate how they live their life and what they can or can't do. I feel sorry as well because the people who let themselves be controlled in this fashion often do so out of fear. Fear is the oil in the squeaky door of such organizations.

I feel very happy to have a nice sense of self, to be an individual, to live without fear of displeasing (an imaginary god, old men who live in Brooklyn, people who judge...whatever), to pursue whatever I want to pursue whenever without silly guilt from any source, to have friends who love me for ME, to have a boyfriend who rocks my world and keeps our apartment clean and loves my cats :P (what more can a girl want? lol), and to have a job where I am constantly learning and where my co-workers are pretty cool.

• chrissy
    chrissy

Ernest Hemingway said, "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."

However, optimists live longer and we all know how it fared for Hemingway, so I will say the words, 'sure I am happy' and optimistically hope that the feelings follow.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I have moments of happiness and moments where I think I could be happier.Thankfully,being a JW isn't something that I could or ever would make me happy ever again.{not that it ever did,I was just taught {brainwashed}to believe that.}

My life is a series of small victories,peppered with some bad moments,some learning curves,some self doubt,and some strange confidence because I feel I am a walking slogan that says I don't give a crap.

I have gained relationships,lost relationships,and had some relationships that are constant.

I don't expect much out of myself or others.Life to me "is what it is ".I tend to stay in my comfort zone of happiness,which is going to the small dark pub,with a few friends,and talk about the nonsensical things in life.PLay darts,keno,go fishin,play video games.

Paradise and happiness to me is when I can wake up and say"that was fun"and I didn't hurt anyone.

In short,Ive never been happier.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Trevor - forgive me - I either have you confused with someone else from my earlier forages into the field of ex jws or you have become a lot less straight kaced than I thiught you to be. Whatever - you are a man after my own heart and you do make me chuckle.

defd - trying to understand but not really sure how you reconcile being on this board and serving Jehovah unless you are doing in it a separate individual way than that instructed by the WBTS. If the latter is the case i sincerely wish you luck and continued happiness. trevor does have a point: so called sin enacted under accident only brings guilt whereas weighing the consequences against your own conscience and whether your actions are ok with you or not or harm anyone else is much more satisfying. In that sense You've made a decision yourself rather than relaying on some organisation to for you.

• startingover
    startingover

I'd be a lot happier if I didn't have to hear people connecting their god to everything that happens in their lives. It would be alot better for me if they kept their beliefs to themselves. (Edited to add the word "their" before god.)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Legolas

Yes I believe it is the truth. To what extent am I serving Jehovah? I go to all the meetings to learn and worship God. I love my brothers and sisters and do thing to help them. Love is shown by action correct?

I pray to Him and do my best to follow Jesus example. I can go on and on. Do I think im perfect? NO not even close!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know don't you that you would be in big trouble if they found out that you are on this board.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Not happy...but feel I'm doing the right things to fix that.

Thr right things are usually the hardest things, aren't they? If that's the case I should be ecstatic soon.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

My life has a lot of ups and downs. Sometimes like a merry-go-round.

When it's happy ...I'm on top of the world

When it's the other way around I really wish I wasn't born.

Then it gets happy again. Then sad. Cycle cycle.

Life is really how you make it for real but other people strive on making others unhappy.

And people envy too much!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I beleive life, in general, is difficult and often painful.

My life, today, is good. I am with a man who loves, values, and respects me, whom I feel the same way about. We have a good life together and have done some really great stuff together.

MOST OF THE TIME I AM HAPPY!!!!!!

I have had many of my own accomplishments, inspite of being raised a JW girl. And I am proud of those accomplishments.

My only complaints are 1) having FibroMyalgia/ChronicFatigue. It could be much worse... it could be deadly, too.
    2) I would like more money. Heck... some money! (Social Security Disability in the works-wish me a win, please).
    3) I can't think of a valid #3!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Basically, my life is great.

Everything AK - Jeff said applies to me except........I have more friends now than I ever had as a JW.

It isn't much, but I own my own home and at times feel lonely living by myself.

I've done the dating thing a lot since my wife died and often prayed that I could meet lady right, fall in love and all the rest. Well......the last lady in my life was lady right. I fell head over heels and was ready to make a lifetime commitment. Only trouble was.........and take it for what it is worth........ I failed to pray that lady right felt the same way about me. SHE DIDN'T! But we are still friends and talk occasionally.

And so far........I have my health. What more could I ask for? Oh.......I could ask to hit the lottery for a few million!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit