Are You Happy With Your Life???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I'm happy but could be happier. I'm happy single, but would be happier with someone I think. I have a relatively dull life, but I'm the type that is satisfied with little. I have few friends, but the ones I have, I adore

• defd
    defd

Haven't forgot Jehovah - though I now call Him by the respectful title Jesus used - Father. Jesus is always in my thoughts. Just don't need that second mediator- WTBTS.

Truce then, Bro?

Jeff

I see no wrong there. We are cool.

D.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

my life is not as fulfilling as i would like it.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I am very happy with my life, and I have been for some time. I have good friends, who love me for who I am. My husband is my best friend, lover and mentor. I have a lovely home and a good job.

I have come to know that good times don't last forever. You don't have to think that how things are now will be how things always are. Just enjoy the good things as they happen. Bad times don't last forever. However bad things are, they won't hurt forever.

Happiness is the appreciation of what is happening right now. I am inordinately pleased by small pleasures. The soft feel of cat fur. Finding a decent espresso in the UK (definately enjoy that - it happens about once a year). The sensation of not needing to go to the toilet, when you have been waiting to go for ages.

• kls
    kls
    I have few friends,

Rat ,you have the while JWD forum full of them

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Im sickeningly happy...at the mo...good Mates,job ,social life and a fine Girlfriend....however, im the sort who believes the Cup is half empty...and all could end.I think a lot of that is because of being raised in a negative environment where bleak a outlook was the order of the day.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I love my life. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Does that mean I'm in some orgasmic happy state 100% of the time? No. But I feel that western religion has taught us that somehow we are supposed to be happy, content, and blissful all the time. This isn't logical nor realistic.
    One of the main issues I have with the Dubs is that they preach that if you can just hold on long enough in this miserable existence that your life will be cured in paradise. You will not have a single bad day....life will be a buffet of happiness. You will not shed a tear. Everything will be perfect. Come on! They do nothing to help their members deal with TODAY'S issues. Live in the moment, plan for the future, learn from the past.
    The Dub's attract people who feel that suffering somehow justifies their action. They feel that if they suffer for God now, the payoff will be great down the road. What these people don't realize is that when you are miserable your whole life, thinking to yourself...."Once I get there I will be happy" is not going to happen. You must teach yourself how to be happy in the moment. Yes, you can teach yourself how to enjoy life here and now. Puritanical pursuits are not going to gain you anything. One thing I think is helpful to being happy is to learn acceptance. As the Tao says:
    The Way takes no action, but leaves nothing undone.
    When you accept this
    The world will flourish,
    In harmony with nature.

Nature does not possess desire;
    Without desire, the heart becomes quiet;
    In this manner the whole world is made tranquil.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Yes I'm happy. I just wish I wasn't broke all the time, but I am happily remarried after being a single mom of 3 kids and now I have an additional 4 stepsons, a daughter-in-law, and a step-grandbaby I adore. I'm definitely happier than when I was a miserable guilt-ridden JW.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

No, I'm not happy. I'm happier than I would have been as a JW for sure, but things did not turn out as I'd envisioned. I guess I'll go get off my butt and go improve things...

("Now GO TAKE ON THE DAY!" --Laura Schlischinger (sp?))

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm pretty happy most of the time. I have always been sort of a misery girl, so I guess you could say my happiness often gets in the way of my life. Or the other way around i dont really care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit