Why do/don't you believe in God

by LouBelle 153 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

LT:

I did and shall be going to the New Forest to commit arson this very weekend.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I have to follow the Crumpet, in the fact that I do not want to follow God, the terrorist.
    Anyway, of course you can still believe in a god, and do not believe in the bible. THere are lots op options to consider.

But for me, I it is clear that people created Gd, not the other way around. The gods are a projection of our own fantasies. That explains clearly why God has good and bad feeling, does good and bad things.

Before everything that was not understand was blamed on God. We understand more and more, ad with every new insight it became clear that God had nothing to do with it. Now there is so much effidence that evolution happened, hat it is unreasonable to believe that God created every spieces. There are still some questions in evolution theory, which people do not understand at the moment, and maybe people like to give credit to god for this. But I bet that if knowledge is increating these these factors will be explained without the need for a God, as always has happened before.

Of course we can probably never prove that there is no God.

But why can we not prove that there is a God. If he is there why the secrecy?

Anyway I think people want to believe in a God, for many reasons. One of them is to feel protected. One of them is to know that there is more of a purpose in life.
    I would like to believe it to. But just with the power of will, you can't create things, how hard you try. So the only thing is to follow the logic and to accept the fact that there is no God.

Danny

• Ellie
    Ellie

I just asked myself the question, do I believe in God? And the answer was yes, but when I asked myself why I was disturbed to see the answer being the same as any Jehovahs Witness would give, about creation etc.

I'm sure that there is something out there, but before I say whether I believe it to be God or not I would prefere to free my mind from all JW indoctrination.

• DHL
    DHL

I don't believe in any god. I don't believe in any kind of big brother watching me, controlling me, blessing or cursing me.

Through my own spiritual experiences I learned about love being the ultimate creative force. It is always available to all of us, we exist through it (bodily functions). And we can increase its availability to us (if we want more strength or deeper understanding) by consciously open up to it. Some do that by praying (to a god, goddess, angels etc.) others by meditating, tai chi or whatever. Whatever method works for one can be used. None is better than another. No need for guilt trips, no need to give it a name, no need to participate in an organisation or pay for it. It's for free.

(Sometimes we want to find deeper understanding by braining and struggle!)

• Mary
    Mary

I believe there's a God, because how else would you explain my being here?

• defd
    defd

I agree with Mary. The bible says every house is constructed by someone, But He that created all things is GOD.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    For my part I choose to believe in a God because I honestly believe there is one

Translation: You believe in God because you believe in God. Honestly.

• DHL
    DHL
    how else would you explain my being here?

Hmmmh, Mary, I would have sworn your mommy and daddy... But, well...

• inquirer
    inquirer

I believe in God because I don't think it's possible for the whole cosmos with all it's billions of stars and planets and galaxies can just come into existence.

Something All-powerful would have had to start everything! I don't believe a big bang is possible which starts off as tiny organism and they apparently turn into bigger and greater life forms and then people are supposed to have evolved from apes.

Us humans always copy nature. Electricity (eel), flying (bird), inner city walkway (spider web), garbage cleaner (vaguely; snake), mirror (lake reflection), pockets (kangaroo), a house (bird's nest)

Something really powerful and important created all these different kinds of animals.

Why would we only use 2% of our brains! We should be using 100% (or maybe nearabouts because we wouldn't want to have a breakdown!) Why is it that we can't live forever? But scientests are confused why are not able to!

Someone would have provided all that for us.

How can something just exist? Someone really powerful must have made it able to exist and therefore it exits.

The question really should be: How can God just have been there for all eternity? How did God choose to be God and why? Maybe I would have like to have had an opportunity or Maybelle would have like this opportunity as well.

Hi Googlemagoole! Had interesting conversations with you before! :) Nice seeing you on here again! Respect your opinion on this thread just like any other thread.

• inquirer
    inquirer

In a "moral sense" I hope there is a GOD! I don't particularly like this world that much. I don't think some people should be rich and others shouldn't.

I don't like it how some people starve but others have plenty and there's a fat lot of good I can do about things like that. :( Makes me feel like sewage. :(

I don't like it how there are homeless people in Australia and America! I can't fathom not living in a house! I can't understand how people survive like that!

I wish the Palestinians and the Jewish people would stop fighting (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

There's been so many wars and things like that, it stops the way of progress and intellectual thought.

I would like to live forever and explore space. That's why I love shows like Lost In Space and Doctor Who. Love to explore the universe.

It's interesting in MOST movies. The good guys always win in the end. Is that not true? The knight slays the dragon and gets the princess, James Bond always get the girls and kills the bad guys, Doctor Who always solved the mystery and skids away back in his tardis when his finished... Batman always saved the day or Gotham City or watever (I don't watch it) My point is that, there's a desire in us of a better time or era and there's always a hero (God is the hero in the religious sense) who looks out for us and makes sure all the bad guys/demons will be destroyed, or done away with.

God has built-in qualities in each of us for basic morality and each of us (at least in this life) has a desire to live and achieve, be prosperous have a good peaceful life. :) So that is why I believe there in dominus deus Yehowah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit