Just got home from the assembly!!!!! How fortunate I am!!!!

by gringojj 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• thom
    thom

"I have not been to a assembly in about 8 years, and it doesn't sound like I missed anything."
    But every assembly is the "best one yet!" (how many times have you heard that?). See what you've been missing?

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend
    He also said that he forbid his wife to preach to his 2 daughters, but they became dubs anyway. He said later he found out when he was gone all day at work his wife was breaking out the bible studies with his daughters. So I guess the wts says it is ok to lie and disobey your husband only if it furthers thier cause. I guess it is encouraged now.

New Light, maybe?

BC

Actually, as you may recall... you're only supposed to be obedient to your husband (the family head) as long as it doesn't conflict with what God wants. For instance, god wants you to go to meetings and god wants you to indoctrinate your daughters.... so you can use any means necessary to accomplish that, regardless of what your family head wants.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    How fortunate I am!!!!

Imagine you would had to stay there.........

No kidding, It always bothered me that, when "they" wants something, "they" were always saying "It is Jehovah's wish.....", thus making it impossible to protest...

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Resplendent!!!!!!

How fortunate you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ig.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Thank you for sharing with us what you gleaned. Doesnt it show brothers and sisters that even the apostates are given food at the proper time, cos I was needing a laugh!

I loved the bit about the parking attendent job given to the old timer! Bless.

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

Assemblies are really mostly about speed dating for singles and hooking up with old friends if you're hitched. Do they still have those weird brown food tokens? Every time I smell bacon sandwiches it reminds me of district assemblies...I used to like watching the section where the deaf brothers and sisters sat and trying to see how the sign language matched with the speaker. You could do some serious 'interpretation' or translation if you were of that mind-set!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Every time I smell bacon sandwiches it reminds me of district assemblies

Perhaps you have been gone along time, tabbycat.They stopped serving food some years ago. Now it it is bring your own pack up and thermos.

I can remember cooking up the bacon in the old days though. Hmmm those were the days !

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I kept yelling obey!! every time we started clapping. My wife was not amused.

hahahahaha I am laughing so hard at that one!!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I kept yelling obey!! every time we started clapping. My wife was not amused.

hahahahaha I am laughing so hard at that one!!

• gringojj
    gringojj

Ahhh yes the slutty dress discussion. I was thinking of including it in my report but I left it out for some reason. In any case, the mother and daughter come home with a slutty dress and show dad. First of all, if your wife and daughter buy a slutty dress for church and dont see that its not appropriate, then you should hire someone to be with them 24/7 because they are retarded, and I wouldnt let them behind the wheel because they have proven to lack any sense of judgement. So then dad admits there are no words in the bible that directly address slutty dresses. So we need to listen to the fds as to what is appropriate. Now, does the wts think that all the rank and file are so dumb that they couldnt possibly discern for themsleves what is ok and what is not? We know that some people wear slutty dresses we see it all the time. The thing is that the majority of people wear a slutty dress and they know it looks slutty. I dont think they wear them to church. There is a time and a place for everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit