what do ex jws become

by jwfacts 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What do most ex jws become, christian, athiest/agnostic or some other religion?

And since we all need to be labelled, what do i call myself now?

• Ellie
    Ellie

Personally, I'm still trying to work it out.

I don't believe that God would approve of any religion at the moment.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, jwfacts. I think ex-JW's can become whatever they want. How about a "skeptical independent thinker"...a SINKer?

Who needs labels?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

thank you for the welcome jgnat

I like the term agnostic. Since i used to know everything, and everyone else knew nothing, i like to now admit i have no idea.

The only thing i really believe is to try to treat others well, and everything is ok in moderation.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/94276/1.ashx

Read this and see if you thinks God needs on organization. Its long but very good.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It may depend on why they left the JWs. Those who were expelled for breaking the rules are very likley to at least initially carry around the same Adventist apocalyptical mythology now further burdened with guilt and sense of failure. Those who were hurt or offended out of the clan often seek out a new comfort zone in a new society of believers. Some of these eventually are disappointed again and may become nondenominational believers. Those whose intellect compelled them out are generally very cautious about being fooled again and develope an affinity for the self correcting scientific approach to life. Of course this is a terrible overgeneralization. But the key seems to be why they left and whether they spent time researching how and why they are where they are.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:I like the term agnostic. Since i used to know everything, and everyone else knew nothing, i like to now admit i have no idea.

I really like that, hehe. Agnostic is a good place to be, IMO. Welcome to the board by the way.

GBL

• zev
    zev

no longer one of "them".

"ex-jw" or "apostate" in the jw sence merely describes ourselves so that others, especially those like us, recognized us.

i am no longer a jw. i don't or can't tell you what i am, because there are no words or phrase to describe me.

other than "human being"

i am a human being now.

where as before i was a lemming jw follower.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    I like the term agnostic. Since i used to know everything, and everyone else knew nothing, i like to now admit i have no idea.

That sounds like a good place to be. I believe that it is a very honest place to be.

Don't worry about labels. In fact, if you find yourself in conversations with Witnesses, labels are almost always counterproductive to your cause, since Witnesses are usually eager to figure out which box they should put you in. Just be a person who has a viewpoint. Your viewpoint will surely change over time. No need to go box-hopping if you never adopt a box. :-)

SNG

• caligirl
    caligirl

God doesn't need an organization, people do. Many people feel the need to belong to something with a greater purpose than themselves, which is fine when it is a personal choice born of careful consideration and study and not forced down ones throat with a heaping helping of fear and guilt.

I would consider myself a Christian by my own choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit