what do ex jws become

by jwfacts 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What do ex jws become?

Free at last.

• Nellie
    Nellie
    Those whose intellect compelled them out are generally very cautious about being fooled again and develope an affinity for the self correcting scientific approach to life.

That's me .... "very cautious about being fooled again"

I've posed this same question to the board - I still don't have an answer - I'm leaning towards the "why do I feel it so necessary to have a label" position. But I realizing it's hard to let go of the need ....

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yeah I dont like having a label thrust upon me either....other than that of....free.

DB74 of the 'free but not cheap' class

• Ticker
    Ticker

I would say im just a normal human like everyone in this world. I just don't any longer believe in the JW religion. I dont really know what to believe anymore, its difficult when all your life you thought you had all the answers and then one day you wake up and realize you really had none. Im no different then anyone else, I just have different belief system and a background. I dont believe in organized religion in anyway, and would never ever join one again.

I am very cautious now and amazed at how I was so cleverly duped. I have went on to post secondary and educated myself. I have also cult readied myself by devouring as many books on them as I can and being on this forum.

I would say most of all after my experience in the JW religion and finding out it was all a pipe dream is "I BELIEVE IN ME". I have gained incredible self confidence and enthusiasm for life since I left the org. and now know if I am to overcome hurdles in life I must believe in myself and know that I will suceed.

Ticker

• M.J.
    M.J.

Probably a vast question. If you lose faith in the organization, yet retain faith in God, Christ and the Bible, In Search of Christian Freedom is probably a good book for you.

Here's a great article from the JW Reformists website on whether or not there is one true church/sect/denomination: http://www.jwreform.org/truereligion.html

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"What do ex-JWs become?"

Happy.

Regards,

Jim TX

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Welcome jwfacts. "And since we all need to be labelled, what do i call myself now?" Where does this thought come from? May I suggest that you see what happens if you put no labels on anything, including yourself? Why confine who you are to some arbitrary label?

While we don’t need labels, we do need an identity.

The JWs gave us a read-made, pre-packaged identity.

We got everything in one neat little box: beliefs, ‘friends,’ activities, clothing, haircuts, and even certain types of cars. We didn’t have to figure ANYTHING out about ourselves or who we are. Ourselves were not relevant to our identity as JWs.

With the JW identity gone, it leaves us without an identity. This can be quite a shock. But it is ok. Every human being in the world gets to figure out his or her own personal identity. It takes about a decade. Most who are not raised in cults hammer this out by the time they are about 25.

Better late than never!

What do ex Jws become?

THEMSELVES!

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

If I had to label it I would say agnostic. I really don’t know, but what I do know is that you don’t need organized religion to make you a fulfilled person. I love studying Buddhism and find my self leaning towards mediation as my way to feel spiritually connected.

“Brother’s don’t shake hands, brothers got to hug"

Clayton

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

I like to think of it as someone who is a smoker and quits.

Do you say that you are an ..."ex smoker"...... or "non smoker"

So we are either an "exJW.... or NON JW.

What we become after the ex or non depends on how they view their relationship with God. For those that loved him and just got sidetracked with a cult... they pursue God and eventually find the real meaning of the bible. Being saved by the grace of God through his son Jesus Christ to receive His gift of everlasting life. Generally that is being called Christian...(as they now follow Christ.. not an organization by any name.)

love to all,

Gold_morning

• Legolas
    Legolas

Last I checked in the mirror....I'm still me....Only freeeeeeeeeeee!! LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit