what do ex jws become

by jwfacts 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• talesin
    talesin

I always liked this poem, even as a little JW growing up ... here's an excerpt ...

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,

No less than the trees and the stars.

You have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

The universe is unfolding, as it should.

~

I am me, and that's about it. :)

If I feel the need to identify my 'belief system', though, I say atheist as I do not believe in any formalized god-head.

tal

*Jupiter's Child* class

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you for all your answers. I love this site, I can not believe the intelligence that comes through it. 'Apostates' are labelled as cynical and bitter people that just want to tear down, a reason I took so long to search elsewhere. It is great to see how many people said they became 'happy'.

What i enjoy most is that i can read a variety of answers to a question and believe they are all correct, just different answers for different people. In the past i struggled with having a mind full of ideas that i had to supress because it was not in line with Witness doctrine. Now I just enjoy learning, without the guilt.

• one
    one

It a mental and spiritual 'metamorphosis', the final result, generally speaking, is yet to be seen.

• Faith
    Faith

Welcome JWfacts! I am new to posting here myself. This is a wonderful Forum. It makes me feel so happy when I read of so many who have found freedom. I know we have all heard it from our friends and relatives who are still in the Org. They say how happy they are, content, peaceful and free. I know that is a crock.

I am FREE now. Label me FREE. Free to know that I am saved by grace and not knocking on doors or going to meetings. When people ask me what denomination I am, it is really hard to explain. I hate religion, but am a pastors wife. I am a pastors wife but I love riding on the back of hubby's motorcyle in black leather. I eat a vegan diet but wear leather. I don't believe in organized religion but I organize neighborhood charities and church activities. My favorite church is non denominational but has grown all over the world maybe hundreds of churches from one little tiny church full of dirty barefoot drug addicted hippies. I am 45 and dress anyway I darn well please! I have chronic illness yet I have an abundant life. It took me 13 years to get here after being disassociated for dangerous "Independant Thinking."

After life in the Watchtower we spread out in many different directions. Even though we go our separate ways, we all are bound by our JW past. It is so good to have the freedom to support one another here wherever we are at!

LOVE,

Faith

• Frog
    Frog

We're more likely to become something else because we're forced to question and analyse our belief systems thoroughly after leaving the borg. When you do this you are forced to draw some conclusions about where you stand, and what you stand for. Only difference is that second time we're much wiser, and we know that it's healthy to take in new information constantly to keep your beliefs and thought processes in check. Frog x

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

real people with fully-developed personalities, not zombies who obey the every whim of the gb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit