Are You For or Against Abortion?

by minimus 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    I wonder how many for abortion or at least pro-choice are against the death penalty

What I wonder about, is those who claim to be pro-life, but are for the death penalty.

(I am pro-choice and am not against death penalty.)

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I favor Pro-Choice, but I think it should entirely be the woman's decision.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

Momo, I'm with you.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Think about the Governing Body for a minute.

Don't you think they make a strong case for RETROACTIVE ABORTION or Abortion up to the 1000th month (or 110th trimester)

~Quotes, of the "Pro-Choice" class

• prophecor
    prophecor
    For myself, if I ever found myself in that situation, I don't believe I ever would choose abortion, even if I was the victim of rape.

Swan that is the most sacrificial answer I have ever heard a WOMAN give to such a difficult question, I could never judge a woman under those same circumstances, but if I was a woman, I would hold that exact same position, despite the tragic consequences. That is a selfless position that you would choose not to kill a child who had absolutely nothing to do with such a horrible crime.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I agree with above poster about swan.

• lola28
    lola28

Personally I don't think I could ever do it. I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I ended the life of my own child. However just because I wouldn't do it does not mean that I condem any other woman who would. At the end of the day we all do what is best for us, and no one else has the right to pass judment on our actions.

Lola

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

As much suffering and pain and death befalls real people (people with personalities, interest, friends, family, etc etc), I just can't summon up any passion for people-who-simply-never-where. Oh sure, every abortion stops a potential Einstien (well, not really), but by that token, so does every condom, every act of masturbation, every bc pill, every miscarriage, every natural abortion (a large % of all "pregnancies", btw).

I'm pro-choice. I mourn no unwanted sperm-egg pairings, and I seriously doubt that anyone else really does either.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Oh sure, every abortion stops a potential Einstien (well, not really),

Not to mention a potential "Hitler"?

• joelbear
    joelbear

i think it is sad that any woman has to feel they have to have an abortion. but i can't make that

decision for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit