Are You For or Against Abortion?

by minimus 152 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor
    Zagor said: That’s rather a lame attempt to sidetrack discussion away from the real issue here, and at that a favorite WTBS method. It is good to see that Theocratic Ministry School worked for you Mary

Don't be an idiot---this was not sidetracking the "real issue" here, it was good question to ask and I noticed you had no answer. You think it's better for totally irresponsible morons like this woman to go ahead and give birth and then completely ruin a child's life rather than have an abortion?

The answer to your question is that baby could have been give for adoption, but again that’s just me. She already have had a baby and decided to leave it untill it died. (similar thing happens in abortion if you look just a bit deeper)

Had she done if few weeks earlier everyone would simply call it abortion. But now that baby has been "officially" born it is murder. Reading some arguments that abortion is justified under the pretence that fetus is not aware of anything neither it has personality is complete B.S.
    Born baby in not more aware of life and world around it than fetus is. So we can't use reasoning that aborted babies don't have personality etc in order to justify abortion. Unfortunate fact of our modern societies is that when we are keen to justify something we easily find appropriate rhetoric to, like in this case, water down true severity of events happening.

Abortion is nothing else but getting rid of your own baby by literally ripping her out of protection of mothers womb and letting her die (if she didn’t already die in the process) While I do not want to judge people who opt for something like that I do feel disgusted by the practice in the same way I feel disgusted by any other murder.

• zagor
    zagor

Even state legislators recognize what I've been saying throughout this whole discussion. So it is not only one-man's-opinion opinion.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"I wonder how many for abortion or at least pro-choice are against the death penalty."

Vice versa for me. I favor the death penalty for a number of crimes ... rape, murder, treason, horse theft, driving too damn slow in the fast lane, ... how long of a list do you want, Min? ... but am on the 'pro-choice' list when it comes to abortion.

Mind you, I am morally opposed to abortion as a means of birth control. If people are sexually active, they need to understand that a child is one possible consequence of sexual intercourse. I don't think that sucking a fetus out of the womb a few months later is the answer for indescretion. But I DO think that abortion should be available to women and couples to relieve a variety of medical situations, and in the case of rape or incest.

My own mother was pregnant at a time of her life that would have been classified as a 'high risk' pregnancy today. She was damn near 40 when I popped out. I'm glad she didn't have me vacuumed into the nearest sink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit