Are You For or Against Abortion?

by minimus 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Bisous, we are talking consensual sex here, are you saying that women take no part in the act of sex? That men have complete control of that situation?

• Mary
    Mary
    Zagor said: Not long ago there way an incident on telly where apparently mother has not only abandoned her newborn baby but threw her into sewage. There was a public outcry. The fact is, had she just aborted that baby a month or two earlier no one would have seen anything wrong with it.

Ya, so Zagor........you think it's right for some freaking lunatic like this mother to have a child in the first place??

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

BD...I think she is saying that a male has the option of using a condom thereby negating whether or not an abortion would be needed. Correct me if I'm wrong Biscous.

• bisous
    bisous

Of course it is consensual. Maybe I didn't express it very well. Men have complete control of whom they have sex with. IMO, that is the ONLY point where you have control over whether or not you will impregnate someone. With the decision of whether or not to have sex. After that, you can basically have no control over the consequences. A woman can say she is using birth control. And not be. The condom can break. Once pregnant, the woman decides what shall happen (in USA, that is). She is in the driver's seat upon lift off, so to speak.

So, ultimately there is only one point when it is entirely up to you. And that is whether or not you do it. How much do you trust that your partner's motives and beliefs are in line with yours.

Maybe that is a little clearer as to my opinion?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Yes, or even as was shown in a thread awhile ago a woman gave her boyfriend a blow job, saved the semen, impregnated herself then sued and won on child support. You body is not your own as women love to rant when abortion comes up, you are not allowed to take certain drugs, suicide is illegal, etc. So this great dominion that women seem to think they posess over their own bodies is not what it seems.

You are right, once a woman is pregnant she can do as she pleases here in th US, even if the father wants the child, too bad, she can abort if she so chooses, or not and force the poor son of a bitch to pay child support for the next 18 years. My point is that the domestic laws in the US are unfair with reagards to the father, he has no say as to whether he will have a child, or have to pay for that child. I feel if its the woman's body and she doesn't want any imput from the man that impregnated her, then she can shoulder the financial burden as well, or wait, she can go have an abortion.

• bisous
    bisous

I agree regarding the domestic laws. Makes me glad to be a female. Thus my point ... if you're worried, don't do the deed.

This great dominion over my body is mine. Tough luck for you I guess. Wouldn't it be grand if men could get pregnant too? Bet they wouldn't take too kindly to someone telling them what they should or shouldn't do. In the meantime, I say mind your business mate and don't worry about mine, 'kay?

As far as suicide and drugs ... well those laws are working pretty well too now, aren't they?

I don't really feel to sorry for all of you men out there ... mostly thinking with the wrong part of your anatomy is what get you into your messes in the first place. *ducks to avoid incoming artillery*

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Well, its attitudes like that that allow me to sleep with no problem when I am able to get one of my client's out of having to pay child support or alimony.

• Es
    Es

yeah i guess it really depends on situation, i can say now i would never have an abortion, if its coz the person was foolish and not using contraception than i feel you need to take repsonsibilty for your actions, and not kill an innocent person. I believe a baby as soon as its conceived is a living thing. i would feel too guilty i think if i aborted, but then on the other hand if there was something wrong i would think of the baby, and then decide what kind of life it would have etc..and then go from there. es

• zagor
    zagor

Didn't want to post on this thread any more but ...

Ya, so Zagor........you think it's right for some freaking lunatic like this mother to have a child in the first place??

That’s rather a lame attempt to sidetrack discussion away from the real issue here, and at that a favorite WTBS method. It is good to see that Theocratic Ministry School worked for you Mary.

• bisous
    bisous

awww, BD, ya missed the part where I agreed with ya on the screwed up situation of women getting pregnant without the fella's consent and then forcing him to pay. Thus my ongoing lecture to my son and men in general. Unless those laws are changed, what other best alternative can you offer? good lawyers I guess and more power to them. There are plenty of conscience-less people in both genders. That's why I taught my daughter not to count 100% on any man to support a kid if she gets pregnant. Works both ways,see?

Just because I feel that way doesn't mean I want to give up my rights to control decisions about pregnancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit