Would you go to a funeral at the Kingdom Hall?

by Dustin 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Outoftheorg - That's really good advice as well. I know the time to make the decision isn't now, but I have been trying to evaluate what I am going to do when the time comes. I really hope they see the organization for what it is before that time comes, but it seems very doubtful. It's all they know, and they sadly believe it to be "the truth" based on brainwashing and blind faith.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Dustin,

You have every right to be angry. Although he's your dad he doesn't act like it. When my mother passes away I have no intention of going to her funeral. I wouldn't go into a kingdom hall under any circumstances. I didn't even go to my daughter's funeral, inspite of the fact she wanted me to. And why would I go to the funeral of someone who wouldn't speak to me when she was alive? So whether or not her funeral were in a KH or a funeral home I wouldn't go.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Even if I was DFd I would go to a funeral a the kingdom Hall- YES

• damselfly
    damselfly

I would attend only if it was a close family member. I would not go alone.

The only reason would be respect for my family.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Dustin, my grandpa just died recently, it was at a funeral home. But to my shock, everyone comforted me! And every one talked to me. Go for your parents!

Cindy

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    I didn't even go to my daughter's funeral

I mean I didn't go to my daughter's wedding. I guess it seems like she's dead since she doesn't have any contact with me.

• Preston
    Preston

If someone in my JW family requested their funeral be done at the kingdom hall then I'd have no choice, I'd want to see the way they would want to be remembered regardless of how pathetic the setting is but I would want a separate service done proper non-KH.

- Preston

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

For my grandmother, and my mother, YES.

Despite our differences, and soon to come lack of contact, I still love them.

So I'll be there. And I'll look everylast person in the eye, and speak. And all the elder's are getting extra-firm handshakes.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I probably would. I went to my sister's wedding in the KH although I'm not sure if I will do that again unless it is clearly indicated that my presence would be appreciated.

In the future, I'm looking at the funeral of three grandparents and both my parents at the least if things progress naturally and I don't die before they do. I assume they would want my presence even if just to hear another JW sermon. And it might do some good for closure, though I am not sure about that closure idea. Also, I'm not the only non-JW in my family so there are others with whom I might share some mutual comfort at those sad times.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The last time I went to a hall was to attend my grandfather's funneral. I didnt pay much attention to the service because my youngest was being a bit noisy and I had to walk him around the back of the hall. We even went outside for a bit. I think the only time I will ever step foot inside of a hall again is when one of my parents dies.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit