What do you miss most about being in the truth ?

by prophecor 63 Replies latest jw friends

I can honestly say that I don't miss anything about this cult. I'm looking forward to its complete non-existence. "I have a dream . . ."

• Es
    Es

I miss getting dressed up, I never get the chance now. I miss the making sandwhiches early in the morning at the convention there were some fun times had. But overall i dont miss that much es

• rebel8
    rebel8

Nada

There were the rare laughs with people I thought were my friends, severely clouded over by depression and despair. Any fond moments I had all involved taking a break from the JW life, such as donut breaks in FS (sigh of relief that we could temporarily stop FS), going to the mall/movies, talking to my non-jw relatives..etc.

• freedom96
    freedom96

As I look back, I realize, that there is nothing at all that I miss about being a JW. Really, not one.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I miss being Naive....I never knew the truth hurts as much as it does.

I feel that on here as well....You think people are cool and fun and then BAM! Slap in the face they don't like you.

Brooke

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    ummmm, nothing, nothing at all.....

I was going to say that myself, until I realized:

I miss my "spiritually weak" friends.

The single mother who could repair computers and cars and knew how to barbecue whole turkeys and was homeschooling her 4 kids in great style until she got pregnant again...

The married-to-a-worldling sister who wasted hours and hours of perfectly good time on raising sheep and goats and spinning and dyeing her own yarn to weave her own cloth, and constructing RenFaire costumes, instead of pioneering...

The brother who used to sneak out with his kids in the dead of night and leave sacks of groceries on poor folks' front steps...

The working artist who really would have auxiliary pioneered too if it wasn't for the lupus...

Yeah, I know, the wicked world is full of people who actually have lives, but I miss these four in particular.

gently feral

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Not a damn thing.

DL76

• Legolas
    Legolas

Your question was "what do you miss about being in the truth"

I wasn't in the 'truth'........ HA HA !

But what do I miss about being in the lie? NOTHING other then the friends I USED to have.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I miss hating myself.
    I miss crying myself to sleep thinking God didn't love me and I would die in Armegeddon.
    I miss feeling worthless because God wouldn't fix me for being gay even though I prayed every day, went to all the meetings, aux. pioneered, studied for all the meetings, and fought my natural urges.
    I miss the double dealing ways of the elders and elderettes.
    I miss the guilt that was heaped on my head meeting after meeting after meeting.
    I miss innuendo campaigns from the podium..."marking" me for all other Dubs to know, without really saying my name.
    I miss the elder room talks about stumbling others because of minor things I did. (Having too much fun in field service, attending other KH's with my friends rather than my own, driving a 2 door car, sitting in the same seats for all the meetings instead of moving around, etc...etc.)
    I miss "waiting on Jehoba".
    I miss "new light".
    I miss the looks of people staring down their noses at me.
    I miss the fact that when I'd show up for a meeting after missing one or two I'd get the "Oh, we missed you so much" fakeness that really implied, "We were here, we noticed YOU weren't....aren't WE better Christians".
    I miss the need to suffer to serve a false god.
    I miss the backass ways of the Dubs.

• kls
    kls

Geeze Evil , you miss alot , maybe you should go back ? Kidding ,don't slap the monkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit