What do you miss most about being in the truth ?

by prophecor 63 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Every once in a while, I'll drive thru the blocks of our old territory, remebering the friends, how we would share time in the ministry. Reminiscing about those I left. Every so often, I'll pull out the old photographs. The friends were always willing to pose for photos.

The days we would spend in the book study, those quiet, uncomfortable moments when you would think of something to say as the friends would slowly filter in, the energy slowly coming to full, then suddenly, it was 7 o'clock.......... It's almost surreal.

I haven't seen anyone from my Hall in about 3 years, when they saw me, I was decorated with a full beard, they didn't flinch...much. I think about the few friends I did have. They were regular people, down to earth folks, in fact they were almost worldly....., and I loved them, I could be at home with them and be myself. Then of course, there were those who I would kinda' just scratch my head and.......

You gotta' have some positives in your past as used to be witnesses, no?

• talesin
    talesin

dancing at weddings, etc. - you know, real dancing ,,, jive, electric slide, waltz, polka

t

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Making Donuts at 4 AM...funny...but true.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Although I have some fond memories, I can't really say I MISS anything...other than vacations with my JW family (even though I always kind of felt like that odd one out) and traveling about with my mom.

I enjoyed CO visits because they would often stay at my Grammie's place and they were usually fun to get to know.

I liked volunteering in the kitchen at the Circuit Assemblies.

As a kid, I loved going to this one elderly sister's house on Saturday evening to study Sunday's WT article, because, if we finished soon enough, we got to watch the Disney tv movie afterward.

~Merry

• prophecor
    prophecor
    dancing at weddings, etc. - you know, real dancing ,,, jive, electric slide, waltz, polka

t

I was one of the musicians in a band of renegade JW's. I was surprised to see just how hard Jehovah's People can party. And the DJ who doubled as an elder, would have the whole house rockin'. It was a sight to see. 200 brothers and sisters, happily doing the Electric Slide. Truly a sight to behold. Really.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I really miss feeling so uncomfortable at meetings and assemblies, as other cong members casually stroll by and investigate whether we've studied the stipulated articles by underlining everything so they can decide for themselves whether we're approved association or not......and older sisters sent to our home and out in field service to spy on us.......and then there's the circus serpent making fun of our family ....while on the platform.....by describing my family's circumstances.....and I really miss the public dF'ing talks (I really like the terms dF, dF'd & dF'ing) where the PO describes graphically why the young pioneer sister is being dF'd for oral sex with a young pioneer bro, who's only publicly reproved, while the young pioneer sister is sitting middle of the KH, totally bawling her eyes out......oh....and I miss elders promising to pick up my 11 yr old son for field service when my back was hurt and then leaving him standing in the cold pouring rain for 1 1/2 hrs waiting while the elder left his showboat of a car at the KH parking lot and squeezed into a compact with a buncha pioneers and then drove over to tell my son that they didn't have room for him....yeah, I really miss some things about it.

Frannie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Honestly, not much. The bad so outweighed the good, that it is hard for me to look back with any fondness on anything. Well, maybe the macaroni salad at the 'gatherings' but that's about it...

J

• andy2tanx
    andy2tanx

ummmm, nothing, nothing at all.....

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey prophecor,

To tell you the truth, I don't miss anything about the Witnesses. Sometimes I miss the people that were my friends, but the religion was inhibiting in every possible respect. It's almost like they bent over backwards to be unhealthy. Live is much, much better on the other side.

SNG

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Don't miss anything.

The "friends" I had, where are they?

Weak as p**s, the lot of them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit