What do you miss most about being in the truth ?

by prophecor 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I miss all of the restfull sleep I got at the meetings and conventions. lol... this reminds me of something... I had mastered the fine art of sleeping while still being able to keep my book on the correct page by listening for when everyone else turned the page. After one meeting a sister came up to me and expressed how amazed she was at this ability of mine.

• blondie
  • trevor
    trevor

Used to miss the feeling of belonging to something that I thought was special.

Now I feel I belong to something special again but this time around it is based on reality.

I am a part of all living things, part of the whole dance of life and so are you and every person you meet. However worthless they may appear they all have their story and their reasons. I love not having to judge them and decide whether they are sheep of goats. I am free to celebrate the great reality which is now and not based on some vague promise for the future.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I miss all the gossiping about the other brothers and sisters.

I miss Field Service because we could all talk about the spiritual condition of other brothers and sisters.

I miss being the first to know all about the new publication we're going to be privileged to receive at the District Convention.

I miss the heady feeling it gave me to be more spiritual than the others in the congregation.

I miss the weeks of preparing for the conventions... shopping for new clothes that made me look like the pillar in the congregation.

I miss hearing how the WT god is going to fuck up 6 billion people because they don't believe the WT Governing Body has been appointed to interpret the bible for them.

I miss that I'm going to miss out on the New World Order of Joe Hoba's freaky witlesses.

I miss my teddy bear I used to have when I was 3.

• daystar
    daystar

I miss:

• Being completely oblivious to the realities of life.
    • Really believing that the brothers and sisters knew what Love is, and loved me.
    • Believing that no matter what, Jehovah would take care of me. (Which, I suppose, turned out to be true, just not in the way I imagined.)
    • Feeling like I could trust the Elders to deal with me in a loving manner in all things. (Of course, it could be said that their love for the congregation was stronger. But this ignores the fact that the congregation is made up of individuals that make mistakes and need loving support in times of need rather than being marginalized.)
    • Picnic get-togethers. I really do miss these. We had really big gatherings every few months with anywhere from 20 to 40 brothers and sisters. No witnessing, no stress, just fun and companionship.
    • My old friends.
    • The cute sisters. The highlight of every assembly and convention. Oh my, how I and a couple other guys would cruise them!

I still would never, in a million years, seriously consider going back though. The psychological trauma, the oppression and repression, the cognitive dissonance, and all the rest is not worth any amount of social benefits, esp. since most of them are lies.

• kazar
    kazar

I miss being certain that I was part of Jehovah's plan with His special people; having a confident attitude that worldly people and other religions didn't have of living through Armagedden (maybe) to a paradise earth. Oh, that sounds so naive.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Catchphrase Bingo!

steve.

and counting ceiling tiles

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I miss the friends I thought I had...and I miss the people I thought they were.

DB74

I feel the same way you do DB. But, I have come to realize that true friendship doesn't mean belonging to the same religous group. It's sometimes been hard to make new friends. I have less "friends" now, but the ones I do have are true friends, there for me no matter what. I don't miss going to the KH, but I do sometimes miss worshipping with others (but I have also realized that many at the KH aren't really worshipping either). I have attended a church every once in a while, but I don't think I could ever officially join. Some of the KH's I attended were really good about having get togethers, pot lucks, corn roasts, dances, card games, bbq's etc. I miss that sometimes, but now I have more time to spend with my non JW family (which is large) and now I do that with them. BB

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I miss drawing on the one to one and one half blank pages in the front of whatever book we were studying at the moment. I also miss long sessions of stairing at floresent lights, closing my eyes, rubbing them hard, and watching my third eye produce wonder colors, shapes, and images. That was probablly my favorite part of the meetings.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I miss my family, most of them are dead now. We really enjoyed life back then when I was young. I wasn't controlled like the ones today and could go out at night with my worldly friend and have fun. We weren't doing bad things, just having fun. We went to movies, played pool, dated a few girls, raced our old cars sometimes, went to fairs, swimming, school functions, played on basket ball team, etc. except on meeting nights.

I miss my youth. I don't really remember it being bad at all, except street work with the mags. and how hot it was in the summer going door to door. Didn't like preparing talks for the ministry school. I enjoyed the assemblies, we were always looking for a girlfriend and got to travel to several cities that I would never have seen except for the assemblies. I had a good life then.

It finally got to be such a chore to do all the stuff I had to do as the PO that I just quit, not because I didn't beleive it but because it wasn't worth the effort. I just decided to enjoy my life and whatever happened didn't matter as far as Armageddon and the end. I'm still waiting to see when the end is comming, not the world's end but mine.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit