Reason for getting disfellowshipped.

by greendawn 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Descender, your case is an excellent example of exactly why the WT-BATS has had the story in the NWT about the adultress being saved from stoning by Jesus....in FINE PRINT......and NEVER referred to it in their publications, cause I researched all the old WT's and A's and books for it. They don't want to show mercy. They love to be judgMENTAL. They love to hate.

Frannie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

grissom i used to believe that too

boy was i an idiot

which is why it is so disillusioning...disfellowshipping may well have a part to play for those that are determined to follow a course that goes against what jws teach..after all there are lots of organizations, clubs, societies etc etc and other religions too..(did you know that) that will remove someone who deliberately breaks their rules...and sure they have the right to do that..although it is a mute point as to how much benefit it is to either the individual or the congregation

but they dont claim to be making those decisions with gods directions and with the help of the holy spirit...the amount of people here who can testify that they were disfellowshipped wrongly and yes that makes them bitter and resentful and angry..(but not illiterate...in answer to another comment you made on another thread)...is absolute proof that it is not in any way directed by god..and so that makes them no different from any other organization that does this..except...except...if you are removed from your club, job, or whatever...even if it is for something you did wrong..that club job whatever does not then have the right to tell everyone that they are not allowed to talk to you

2 people on my commitee made the wrong decision..the 3rd was over-ruled...as a result over 6 million people had no choice but to treat me with contempt..despite the fact that i would have done anytthing they asked me to do as discipline for my mistake..this was in no way biblical..organizational or humane

if god was truly directing this organization there should never be a case of wrongful disfellowshipping. .never..not ever..not even once

but there has been more than 1

tijkmo...if expediency is stopping justice take its course then maybe we should think about taking it by force if all that we're allowed to do is shut up and let it be then God i hope you've factored in some contingency

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Im not d,fed or da...which is surprising really as i am known to be living in sin with a gorgeous sexy"worldly"Girl,i am involved in politics (albeit only at parish council level)so get my ugly mug in the local Paper every now and again..also i enjoy a drink or 2 on a Friday night at a "Brothers "local and he,s often seen me with the odd Cigar.

I faded over 2 years ago so figure i should be left alone for ever as long as i dont attend Meetings (not bloody likely!!).

I should have given up a long time ago actually,as i stopped believing after the 1995 nonsense.

Grissom ..your a fool,read Tijkmos story for one.

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

I started dating a non-jw in May. I stopped going to meetings in September. I moved in with my then JW friend (who was also dating and had just gotten engaged to a non-JW). I was going to fade, b/c I knew it wasn't right to keep going and be dating a non-jw. My friend's elders started bothering her (i think mostly b/c unfortunately her mother lived the street behind us). No one had tried to contact me. Until she met with hers, and they asked about me, and big dummy she was said "Yes, her boyfriend spends the night here, but anything else you'll have to talk to her." So then of course mine started bothering me, I ducked them for a few months, finally met with them (cause they didn't want to df me without talking to me), they listened to nothing I said, told me I could avoid the DF'ing if I dumped my boyfriend (so I asked, if he was a witness, would i have to dump him? they said no, b/c there would be less of a chance of something happening again, whereas with a non-believer, there was a greater chance of something happening- I didn't think that was right). One of the elders was actually very rude and belligerent (of course, i had always disliked him), and he made some comment about how one of my old friends who no longer went was "crazy." I told him i didn't think her mother would like his comment. So they DF'ed me for sleeping with my boyfriend. So I actually did deserve it- but I had tried so hard to just slide away, and they just had to chase me around for months- minus my roommate (who was doing the exact same thing!), I had no contact with any witnesses- I just wanted to be left alone. But no.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I noticed a couple of typo's here so I corrected them for you Grissom

The only reasons that one is disfellowshipped is for one not having a Christian Watchtower attitude or heart.

It is not for or from a particular sin. But it is from one's reaction to that sin such as non-repentance what the Society has deemed sin, smoking, thinking, not accepting everthing they say as from the mouth of God.

• Cameron
    Cameron

A former elder had been complaining to me how he had been unfairly deleteld as an elder a while back. I recommended that he read "Crisis of Conscience" because it might help him understand why elders do what they do. He returned the book to me the following day without reading any of it, and said, "We need someone to lead us by the hand."

He then reported me to the elders who then disfellowshipped me for "apostasy." After all, they did need to "keep Jehovah's organization clean"!

Don

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

WLG-congratulations!!!

I went to the elders and confessed my sins and said I didn't want to be a witness anymore. I got drunk at an office Christmas party and had the best time ever. Since I worked with a witless, I knew she would find out eventually--so I told her. Then of course she threatened to tattle on me, so I turned myself in.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

like tikjmo said i was honestly repentent too,

tho my situation was wierd i had been before them and they had decided to publicly reprove me as they said they werent sure what i had done was a dfing offence! (i used to think u couldnt get reproved unless it was a serious offence!)SO i was waiting for the annoucement on the thursday but on the tuesday i was before them again, because the guy had been back in touch and asked to see me again i said NO (got that NO) but they said the fact i had spoke to him showed unrepentence and i was dfed for loose conduct coz apperently an attitude (of saying no) was wrong and suddenly a dfing offence when i hadnt done anymore wrong!

grissom you are talking crap, i know alot of people who have been dfed and were truely sorry, but the jc decided they werent (thought imperfect men couldnt read hearts!) one guy i know hadnt really done anything wrong but he had a nervous smile and couldnt stop grinning thoughout his jc! needless to say he was dfed! hope hes still smiling now hes free of dubdom.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    if god was truly directing this organization there should never be a case of wrongful disfellowshipping. .never..not ever..not even once

One of my friends told me last month that a girl was df'd for marrying her JW boyfriend beacuse he had just been df'd, his crime was confessing to the elders some previous wrong doing that had been bothering his conscience, they were engaged atm he was df'd, since they were set to marry anyway, they just went ahead and got married, so the elders df'd her for this, well the shit hit the fan and after 3 weeks the co advised the elders to repeal the df'ing on her and it was announced from the platform to ignore the previous announcement about her being df'd.......that's it, they never admitted to making a mistake.

Sick isn't it?

DL76

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I disfellowshipped them. They were selfish, mean, and prone to error.

right on Gary Bus...

I've never been DA'd or DF'd...Gawd knows they tried...and since I was a damn "good" Dub...most people are puzzled...

I say nothing unless asked... then WATCH OUT!

u/d (of the won't give them the satisfaction of being in control ever again class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit