Reason for getting disfellowshipped.

by greendawn 55 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What were you all disfellowshipped for?

Perhaps a frequent topic overall but I never happened to notice it.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not DFd or DAd, to the best of my knowledge. But then again, we didn't find out for almost a year (via the grapevine) that they announced that Mr Scully was DAd. Rumor has it that he wrote a letter and DAd himself - he did no such thing.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Im not D'fed or D'ad. Theyve got to catch me first.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I DA'd myself. Reason was that I felt let down by the BOE. I then got together with a girl in the 'world', so there were numerous crimes I would have commited if I'd still been part of the collective.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I had a crisis of faith, decided to look at my Jehovahs' Witness religion to see if they had the truth, went to another church, starting reading and questioning. LIke an idiot went to the elders for help, they provided very minimal encouragment or help as they couldn't prove anything without their publications. Lots of other details but they ended up Disassociating me (as they couldn't disfellowship me). This all happend in a space of 6 months, I've gone through feelings of freedom, hope, unlimited joy, shock, abadonment, sadness, bitterness, anger, doubt but now I'm fine. I want to live every moment to the full & I've taken that journey another step further today.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I'm not sure exactly I had been living with my worldy b/f, we were getting married in 2 weeks time when I met with the JC. They wanted me to confess to the following

1- getting pregnant and then "hiding" it by having an abortion. False, never been pregnant=no abortion

2-doing drugs(apparently lots&lots) and drinking to excess. False=had never been drunk or tried drugs of any kind at that point( until I was kicked out )

3-"Helping" other girls in my old KH "leave the truth" False= If I had known that they were leaving, then hell ya I would have helped them out.!!! It's kind of hard to do when at the time I was so clinically depressed that I couldn't even get out of bed and should have been hospitalized.

So after I refused to admit to any of these lies, which they kept on claiming had to be true because "we have heard these statments from more then one source", they sent me upstairs in the KH so that they could discuss without me. I don't think that they knew that I could hear every word that they were saying. The offical verdict that they reached downstairs was that I was "un-repentent" for my refusal to admit to what they believed to be true about me. Once they called me back downstairs the reason that they gave me was because I hadn't been attending meetings for a peroid of time and if they didn't D/F me then it wouldn't look right to other young people in the cong. and that it could stumble them. Offical verdict? I qoute " We need to make you an example for other young people in the Kingdom Hall"

So I got D/F because lies and rumors where flying around about me and I refused to say that I was a alcholic, crack addict, knocked up fetus killer that turned apostate by enticing young girls to "turn their backs on God".

But God filled their minds with holy spirit in order to enable them to see into my heart and what my true colors were.

Damselfly who has too much self respect to give her life over to someone else to control.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

"Loose conduct" which, in my case, meant "we don't have anything to DF you for, but you have an attitude that sucks".

Kwin

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Well I farted in the Kingdom hall and wasn't rependant!

Evanescence *in I don't have a story to tell class*

• damselfly
    damselfly

It's interesting that they talk from the KH about D/f being a last resort and that if someone is truly repentent then "mercy will be shown" but when you get to the JC their minds are already made up. I think that most JW's are shocked when get kicked out for petty reasoning.

Loose conduct my a##!!!!! More like 'we can't control you, so leave before others find out they can do the same'

• I quit!
    I quit!

Well I farted in the Kingdom hall and wasn't rependant!

You broke the main rule of the WT society. "We supply all the hot air here".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit