Help! I am having feelings of doubt.

by cab1000 57 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

Thank you for your replys..they have benifited me greatly.

~cab

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"The worst part of all this, is that my faith (if I ever had any) has been shaken. That part about not believing in god...not totally true....I think that it is ok for me right now not to be sure if God even EXISTS...I feel that if he does exist, he will understand my confusion, after all...he made me...right??"

I think if God is up there, he will be much more judgemental of religions who are hypocrites and liars than the innocent people who have been deceived by their propaganda.

By the way, I was cracking up at your story about the elder coming over and you covered up the cigarettes but forgot about the flags! LOL Sorry but that's funny. Just be yourself, the sad JWs can never just relax and enjoy life. Wish you the best with your family members.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome 9thwonder!

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about this as a reply for your argumentative friend....the ability to doubt is a sign of an active mind. Everything in this live needs to be questioned, to be buffeted with the strongest questions, to see if it stands firm. Only once a solid foundation has been established, is the house able to withstand the storms of life. Were the Boereans apostate for questioning Paul?

I learned something new this weekend. That spiralling self-doubt that cripples us and keeps us from forging ahead is a symptom of internal confusion. That internal confusion can be resolved by developing a new skill and setting small goals for yourself. You need new dreams to replace the old. So that you don't keep circling back to the society and all it's failures. You might enjoy this book as much as I did. FLOW, by Mihaly (something unpronounceable).

Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experienceby Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060920432/qid=1121095511/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/104-7196759-4178345?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

'You'll know them from their love?'. I wonder how much love you've had from your 'brothers' since your life took moved you in a different direction.

And you know what annoyed me the most? That he was guilt-tripping you about your bubs; that you're not offering them a 'hope for the future'. Well guess what, you're doing them the enormous favour of trusting them to take their own path. I think your spiritual responsibility as a parent goes as far as ensuring they know that the search for the meaning of life, and god, is as old as civilisation, and that each of us needs to make up our own mind. If they want to follow any group, that's an individuals choice, but make sure they've looked at every other group too.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Hi Cab,

You're friend accused you of not answering his questions...but let me ask you of this...did he REALLY answer yours?

So let me ask you what Organization Today is God's chosen Organization?
    Dubs are good at going around answering questions with asking you a question. And if you corner them, they will just not answer at all. Been there done that. I finally had to let it drop with my parents. It's like talking to a brick wall...maybe even worse since that brick wall can hit back. Goodluck!
  • disciple
    disciple

Do I really believe that Jehovah's Witness' are the only true religion? YES! Just believing it does not make it so . Isa. the 58th chapter actually tells us what defines true worship or religion to God. The witnesses as a group do not really do much of this at all. HAVE YOU FOUND THE TRUTH? Once again no matter how YOU define truth there is only ONE! In searching for truth I would hope any bible believing Christian would read his own bible. John 14:6 says Jesus it the Way , the Truth , And the Life. and you cannot come to the Father except through him. Doesn't say anything about an organization. Rom. 10: 8-10 tells us the gospel of Christ and to be saved we need to know him as Lord.The New World Translation even wrongly inserted the name Jehovah in Rom 10:13. See any other Bible for comparison and even the Greek Interlinear. 1 Cor. 15:1-4 defines the gospel in a no nonsense clear format. If Jesus is the only way then the JW religion is wrong if it says it is the only way. I hope you do not give up on God because He gave His only Son to die in your place and I really appreciate that He made the gospel so easy that no matter if I am Jew or Greek , Slave or Free all I have to do is believe Jesus is my Lord and all my sins will be be forgiven. Not an unloving God, Did you know He wrote your name in the book of life and you are the only one who can cause it to be erased?

• daystar
    daystar

For one, the various branches of Freemasons and other Masonic orders have been using Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. for a long time. Russell was said to have had some form of ties to Freemasonry, although exactly what those ties were is up for debate.

Before I found that Russell may have had Masonic ties, I had done a considerable amount of research into Masonry, and the ties came as somewhat of a shock.

Other Esoteric (occult) organizations have been using YHVH in rituals, etc. for some time, prior to the Witnesses et al.

So perhaps they will be interested to know that they are not the only ones using the name of Jehovah, and not the first, but perhaps may be the only one that is not considered to originate from occult studies and practices? Or are they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit