Help! I am having feelings of doubt.

by cab1000 57 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

EvilForce,

I was trying to use thier own logic and beliefs to help him see the truth...but I cannot pass thru his "suit of armor".

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well I think 1914 is the central tenant....so to supposition that it is based on inaccurate info using the bible and other historical docs would challenge his beliefs. Most Dub's have no idea about 607 not being 100% true and widely accepted. My dad who has been an elder for 30+ years had NO IDEA that secular historians ALL disagreed.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

but you need to use whatever you think will be effective for your audience :) Good luck.

• homesteader
    homesteader

Just because your brother says something doesn't make it true. No where in your initial posts did I get the idea that you don't believe in God. And yes I believe that God understand where you are at with your doubts and feelings about JW's. Would you understand if your kids questioned something? I loved your initial rebuttal. You have a good head on your shoulders. Another option would be "You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. Let's leave it at that." Best Wishes

• cab1000
    cab1000

Ok, here is my official reply to him, just sent it a minute ago...

I see that this is upsetting you. Sorry about that. I did not mean for this to become a name calling event. I was just sharing some things I had learned recently with you. Obviously, you are not ready to hear such things. Please do not mark us as apostates, we still value our freindship with you. Lets put this to rest.

Chad & Sara

hope he drops it....if not..I may be forced to shun him....

~cab

• cab1000
    cab1000

homesteader,

Yes, I hope he agrees to let us believe what we believe, and him his.

And yes, I dont know for sure about my belief in God. Why would he stand by while everyone is dying, if he could do something? But, then, who created everything? I dont like the JW answer..so my feelings are the only thing left...and as I said in the email...why would I worship a god that uses my life, and all lives, to prove his point?

• observador
    observador

Hello Cab.

Just remember that the "faithful and discrete slave" is not the GB according to JWs; it is the "remnant".

The GB, acording to them, is the "slaves" spokesperson.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

the word jehovah was make up by a 12th century catholic monk named raymondus maritini. in 1265 in a book commishoned by the pope. named dagar of faith. this info can be found in the wt book aid to bible understanding pg 884. so in fact the jw's are following a catholic monks idea. keep in mind cab. you have your jw friends on the 1919 stuff. and none of them can defend it. i use that same line all the time on jw's . they lose everytime i press and press the 1919 stuff. tell your jw friends you want to be as convinced as jesus was in 1919. by studying only wt book till 1919 . any time they want to study "the finished mystery" 1917 or studies in the scriptures . if it was good enough for jesus to choose them in 1919. it's good enough to study today. prove all this true . 1thes 5;23 . hold them to that and nothing else. let them know when they refuse. that they are dishonest. and are unwilling to back up this current wt claim. close with " don't want to feel like jesus did in 1919" . pound this into the ground with them. john

• cab1000
    cab1000

thanks john,

I thinkest this is a losing battle...what we see so clearly..they see it clearly too...as apostate matirial.

It must be nice to KNOW that you are serving god thru HIS organization, and that people are either good or evil, based on their belief in this organization....sux for us though...

~cab

• 9thWonder
    9thWonder

The Society had been wrong about the cross and Christmas? That's the first I'd heard that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit