by cab1000 57 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Your welcome NowWhat and cab1000.

glad to be of help,

Josie

• avishai
    avishai
    Thank you for your quick replys! I need to form some words together to send him a reply. I am just not sure which route to take. My wife and I are kinda depressed because we started this...kinda like opening a can of worms, or pandoras box. We may just want to go back under the rug where it was safe and warm

Safe and warm for who? I noticed you said you had kids....Are you ready to sacrifice them for an ever changing blood doctrine? A doctrine that had kids dying for lack of transplants in 1978, then living because htey could have them a year or two later? A religion that will allow a pedophile to run rampant in the cong. if there is'nt two witnesses to the act?

Kids who have to be quite for at least five hours a week or get smacked from a tiny age? Safe and warm for adults with a choice, maybe. Kids, hell no.

• talesin
    talesin
    I think that it is ok for me right now not to be sure if God even EXISTS...I feel that if he does exist, he will understand my confusion, after all...he made me...right??

Yes, right. That was my last prayer, I think I was 26. I prayed and said "If I am wrong, you will know that my heart is pure and forgive me." It took a few years, but the programming eventually faded, and I no longer fear dog.

I also had the same basic reason as you for my initial unbelief ,,, why would an all-loving, all-powerful Creator do this to his beloved children? Now, I say phhhtttt!

tal

• cab1000
    cab1000

Mrs Jones,

Yeah, I agree, kinda rude, expecially cause my wife and I were barely dressed for cryin out loud......My wife exused herself, and did not come back....she hates thier visits...I like to hear whats new....this time was different because of the discussion with my bro in law. It may not be obvious, but you can tell he is starting to get upset in his emails......name calling (APOSTATE) and all.....

~cab

• cab1000
    cab1000

avishai,

By under the rug, I meant laying low..not stiring the pot...agreeing with whatever he says...cause there is no telling him different...

NOT that I would just go back to meetings...no..NO..thats not what I meant...

I was one of those kids who got smacked to hell five times a week...I learned..I learned that my kids should not have to put up with that...

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Cab,

I just hate when they paint "this world" as going "downhill" and what horrors are in store for our children. First of all, the world is not going downhill. It's same old Sh*t, different day. Don't let them paint that picture and let you feel guilty about your kid's future. It's just silly.

Also, don't so many religions use Jehovah's name? Especially the pentecostal ones and such?

That's so funny about you scrambling about when the JW came to your back porch. Brings back memories of "Mom-proofing" my room in college when she came to visit. There would be always something I forgot. Put away the pictures of me and boyfriend, me drunk, holiday decorations, and short skirts, but forgot to put away the package of birth control pills! Oops.

GG

• cab1000
    cab1000

oops, not the birth control pills!!! LOL

Here we are..adults with kids...hiding crap from the dubs....crazy...but, we want to keep in contact with Dub family...so we deal...

• greendawn
    greendawn

The Watchtower society as the FDS that's what Rutherford was saying but he was certainly no FDS and certainly not appointed in 1919. His ideas were a mess and even an embarassment to the dubs today who reject most of them as unfit.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Hi, Cab and welcome! You started out with the righteous fire of conviction, don't let your family snow you with the time honored jw red-herring fishing derby. All the people I somehow managed to keep in touch with over the many decades I've been out have ALWAYS trotted the "name of Jehovah" argument out as some sort of authoratative incantaton proving in the face of all factual proof to the contrary, that they ARE the true religion. Sort of like a last, desperate parting shot...their version of THE BIG GUN. Don't buy it. Not now, not ever. The day I realized that Christianity is a way of life, NOT a religion, I started to dismantle the insidious organizational knee-jerk rationalizations that plague most of us long after we leave. BTW, the watchtower org.actually printed an article sometime in the late '60s I think, giving credit for the use of the name Jehovah to the efforts of a Jesuit priest in the 1800s. But every jw I know thinks the WTBTS thought it up on their own. The DEFINATIVE hallmark of a true Christian was LOVE, agapè. I don't see much of that anywhere in this abusive org. If anything the organization calling itself by God's name has brought nothing but reproach upon that name. You don't have to look far to find tons of proof for that statement. In fact there's an avalanch of it out there!! Your arguments were RIGHT ON !! Don't back off. As soon as their balsa wood pedestal begins to collapse they drag out the apostate word......sort of like the way a mountain climber on a slippery slope digs his ice axe in at the last moment because that's all he's got to hang onto. The moment the name calling starts they're fixing to cut you loose, so don't falter now.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well the whole 1919 thing is predicated on the 1914 thing. And for 1914 to be true 607 needs to be true, which IT IS NOT! Jerusalem fell in 586/587. Not 607. So 1919 isn't a valid argument. Tell him to go to the libraray and look up the historical accounts from various encyclopedias. Then come back and talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit