Conditional love

by noidea 77 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I beleive that all love is conditional.

But real love is not too(or very) conditional.

Conditional love can have so many shades of meaning.

Our love can be very conditional or not that conditional but it's always conditional just different degrees of conditions. Some people just put too many conditions on their love (It's cramped and not very appealing). Other have the bare minimum of conditions and their love is so broad and lasting.

God love is conditional but the conditions are very easy to meet. He made available every thing we need (thru Jesus Christ) to have a loving relationship with him, He's made the first moves in showing love.
    This love is not the same as taught by JWs.

I think that makes me feel better.

• noidea
    noidea

RealElder,

How about giving me a chance to learn and improve my skills as a shepard? It is only by honest and open communication (granted, not something completed embraced by the Society) that any of us in leadership positions can learn what we need to do to improve the condition so many of our congregations are in.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    I do believe that there are some really honest hearted individuals in the org. I believe that some of the JW's are sincere I hope you are one of those. So let's communicate.

Here are some of my problems:

We are suppose to have the true faith. When most people say or think the name Jehovah what is the first thing that pops into their head?
    Not Jehovah God, but Jehovah's Witnesses. Let's face it. Many people look at the religion as a bunch of crackpots.

They cut their families off if they don't become Witnesses themselves. Why? because they are considered bad association. We are told to honor our parents. I was only able to honor 50 % of that. The 50% that held the name of a Jehovah's Witness. I was unable to build a relationship with the non-believer, my father. Do you know how hard is it to develop a relationship with Jehovah (a father we can't physically see) when you haven't even been able to develop one with your biological father?

We are told to go and make disciples. I find that hard to do . Why? How can I go out and tell people that I have a wonderful brotherhood that I would like them to be a part of that is full of love and acceptance. How can I do that if I don't even feel that myself? I have attended 3 kingdom halls and not once have I felt that I fit. If I go and invite other people they come to the hall, they are mistreated (it will only be a matter of time) I will be a hypocrite I have now set them up to fall.. I love people. I love talking to people but you have to be comfortable in what you talk about. So now that I have a hard time going out in service I am considered weak in my faith. It is not my faith in Jehovah that is weak RealElder it is in those who are suppose to represent him. Does that now make me an apostate?

I can understand "New Light" if it's in learning deeper thing about a subject. I can't understand how the meaning of something can do a 180 degree turn. (Jehovah didn't lead the Israelites through the Red Sea and then change the direction half way through ) If the FDS is really directed by Jehovah why are there so many changes? How about the one's that have lost their lives before the changes were revised? Do we just chalk that up to the fact that they past their test of endurance? If we do that how do we explain the new light to those that were related to that person that were not Witnesses. One year organ transplants were a definite no, then a matter of conscience. How do you think those that were affected that were not Witnesses are going to view Jehovah? After all he is the one telling the FDS what will be acceptable and what won't? Are they going to be able to open their eyes to him?

Well, here is a start I look forward to hearing from you. Here is your chance to prove you aren't tipping the bs meter.

• noidea
    noidea

to the top for reply from RealElder.

• gumby
    gumby

TO: REAL ELDER
    What do you define as "unacceptable behavior?
    Also.....would rebuking someone mean jesus didn't believe those he rebuked as being saved?

• noidea
    noidea

waiting for answers

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

...up...

• RealElder
    RealElder

Shaneliza, I have no idea what you did to make your mother treat you this way. I'm assuming you were DF'd and that it is not some other thing that is getting in the way. If your mother were to ask me if she could help you and be with you on important occasions (like childbirth) she would have been told yes, help yor daughter. She also is wrong when she shuns your children. Yours is a terrible example of what is wrong with the thinking of so many witnesses, some of us are trying to do better.

• RealElder
    RealElder

"How dare you try to preach unconditional love.." I think it's clear that I am not trying to preach unconditional love. If it isn't, let me say it again. Unconditional love is not true love, it is an excuse used for selfish reasons. Someone may feel that they are able to love unconditional but at some time in their life they will find themselves in a situation that challenges that belief.

• RealElder
    RealElder

noidea, good questions. I need some time to reply to you, I dont have much time to spend on the internet (so I probably should have stayed off this forum your thinking). You raise a lot of legitimate issues, if I could leave you with one thought; don't give up on Jehovah and don't feel that if you are not associating with JW's you are going to be singled out for punishment by Him. There are a lot of us (elders too), that feel this way and are convinced we have a loving God that judges us by our heart condition.

• trevor
    trevor

It had always been made clear to me that any affection I might receive from my parents was entirely conditional and dependent on my remaining a Jehovah's Witness.

When I final found the courage to leave, the withdrawal of the little affection that had been shown, became more and more acute. Having grown up in such a cold and contrived atmosphere, the final and inevitable end to our relationship, came as something of a relief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit