First time on here- DF'd almost 3 years ago

by feelinglost 40 Replies latest jw friends

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

I have toyed around with the idea of finding fellow df'd ones for about a year now. I recently got married, and of course it has made me look at how it feels like i gave up one life for another. The only member of my family who is a JW is my mother- and it kills me that we pretty much no longer have a relationship. If it weren't for her, I don't think being df'd would even bother me. I never really felt too close any witnesses. I love my husband with all my heart, but being a non-jw, sometimes he doesn't understand. So I would really love to have some people to talk to who understand what it's like to no longer be a part of the jw's. I think what finally made me do this was the jw convention i drove past this morning. I'm not angry with them- i still get a little upset that they couldn't just let me fade- they had to follow me around till they df'd me. Maybe the fact that I don't hate them or know how I feel about them won't make me very popular on here. I am just looking for others to talk to, who understand what it's like to lose family, and kind of have to start over again. I hope someone will be willing to talk to me.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Well welcome!

We're all willing to listen!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Welcome...

JWD can be good therapy...

u/d

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Welcome!

We are all here for you. We understand. You will have many new found friends.

Brooke

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hey! Welcome. Everyone is welcome here, there are several that post here that are still JW's, even elders or MS's. I don't hate JW's and I think most here don't hate individual JW's, most just dislike the WTS' policies and procedures and lies they tell in the name of God. Don't worry, we'll like ya!

Kwin

• bem
    bem

A heartfelt Welcome feelinglost, This has been the place to come to for comfort for many. Choose your battles wisely. Read some of the posters that want to help*. I'd list my favorites but then I'd leave out someone and that would hurt my feelings. I'll P.M. you some to look for.

So hold on and read away you'll likely get the emotional needs met in time.

Dorothy

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome!!!

Many of us don't hate the individual JW's either. We are saddened by the way they show WT love but realise they are only following the demonic orders from the Governing Body because they are afraid.

• Sith
    Sith

You are very welcome here, FL. As Brooke said, we understand. Welcome to the board
    Robbie

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome to the board! Not everyone here hates JW's so it is perfectly alright if you don't hate them either, that is a personal decision. I'm a newcomer to the board myself but everyone has made me feel welcome and accepted. I have been D/F since 1999 and for years I avoided finding other people who like me were D/F and I felt very alone. Since finding this board and the people on it the lonely feelings are disappearing. Please feel free to ask as many questions or rant all you like, someone will always respond to you. If you feel really brave you can ask for fellow board members that live close to you to get in contact with you in your home town or state. I look forward to talking with you more.

Damselfly

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

congradulations on your liberation from the BORG

WE WERE BORG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit