What really bothers me about my JW research.

by ithinkisee 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Sorry for breaking rank here but... teeeheee. Momofmany , is your avatar a dragon from Ultima Online?

To be honest, I can't remember where I got him. I've had him for a few years now, and for the life of me, I just can't remember. Sorry.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The word that best describes them and sums it all up is UNACCOUNTABLE!!!

And I have a real problem worshiping the god who allowed this to happen.

LHG

• willyloman
    willyloman

I'm saving this thread to give to the next dub who asks, "What happened to you?"

Not that anyone's asked...

• mad max
    mad max

I felt just the same. Went into EVERYTHING. Downloaded tons of paper. Got books. Different bibles, greek you name it.

But what bothers me is the people still IN the org. Like my small sister, she is the most lovely person out, she does not attend regually but her kids stell do, and he kids dont talk to me, but she still dows anyway I had this info on the society the lias etc and she has not even picked it up to LOOK SEE. She is not afraid it is she is just not bothered.

Thats what bothers me, I have seen all the nonsense the society has printed, said and I just want to share it with her, but to no effect.

Yes I agree, the society have not even BOTHERED to contact anyone of the familes that have been ruined by their crap. Me for one can't wait to give blood just to break the "spell".

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The word that best describes them and sums it all up is UNACCOUNTABLE!!!

And I have a real problem worshiping the god who allowed this to happen.

LHG,
    Oh I SO agree! On both points.

One of the most heartwrenching posts was one that someone called "JT" wrote on the subject of when a buddy of his suddenly realized the WTS farce dealing with JWs being jailed for not entering the draft. It blew me away . I'm having a senior moment at present at cannot remember what they called it, but it was just one more stupid pronouncement passed along as "food from God's table".

The fact that it had involved many loyal JW's lives didn't matter a bit, the heartless and insensitive bastards that they are.

Maybe if JT is around he'll retell the awful story.

Annie........who loves JT and his style of writing.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    People offered themselves up as a human sacrifice to the Watchtower Society - voluntarily and unnecessarily. If that is not demonic, I don't know what is.

"You will know them by the fruit they bear"

If that isn't bad fruit, I don't know what is.

CYP

Censer Watchtower esse delendam

slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• Sunspot
  • Buck
    Buck

where did you get the information about the people dying from refusing transplants?

Where does it state (watchtower, awake, etc) that transplants were a disfellowshipping offense in the 50s 60s?

What books had the most info that countered whatever false teaching you were looking for?

Thanks

I could always use this kind of information.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Excellent points!

Like you, I am also working through the whole anger & frustration. My problem is that there is no individual accountability.

The Society is not a person. Even the individual GB members are subject to the group's goals (look at Ray Franz!)

I've gone through such depression trying to figure out who to blame. In fact, at one point I feel just as much to blame for supporting & teaching WTS doctrine as a an elder and public speaker.

It is very frustrating! At least, nowadays there is better support and vehicles like the internet for venting.

Hang in there Bro!

• I quit!
    I quit!

where did you get the information about the people dying from refusing transplants?

Diane Wilson on page 181 of her book sights the WT 11-15-68 p.702 Here is the part of what it says:

"When men of science conclude that this normal process will no longer work and they suggest removing the organ and placing it directly with an organ from another human, this is simply a shortcut. Those who submit to such operationss are thus living off the flesh of another human. That is cannibalistically taking into their bodies human flesh, whether chewed or in the form of whole organs or body parts taken from others."

Also: AW 6-8-86 "There are those, such as the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, who consider all transplants between humans as cannibalism.

She then quotes the 1980 WT where they flip flop WT 3-15-1980 p.31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit