What really bothers me about my JW research.

by ithinkisee 40 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Also: AW 6-8-86 "There are those, such as the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, who consider all transplants between humans as cannibalism.

CORRECTION: The date on the Awake quote should read 6-8-68 p21

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I guess what really hit me is that the human sacrifice is really SATANIC (from a Christian point of view).

-ithinkisee

• swirlgirl
    swirlgirl

The time when they let the poor Malawians DIE for not carrying a political card. At exactly the same time period they allowed the Mexicans to BRIBE officials FOR a political card. This card stating a LIE that they did service. Sounds racist besides....This is what put the icing on the cake for me! I still sometimes think I am in a nightmare and have not woke up....it's been going on 7mos. for me getting out....I am still in shock...

• zulukai
    zulukai

Swirlgirl...that's exactly how I felt for a long time after I left...just reading all this terrible stuff makes me vibrate with rage. I think what shook me the most was realizing that certain witness people I used to know and had regard for are NOT bothered in the least by all this evidence. As one earlier poster said about his "lovely sister" she could care less about all the evidence he presented to her. I've seen them float away from confrontation with a sicky sweet smirk on their faces and an arrogant wave of dismissal....it's just like arguing with "dial -a -prayer".

When you recall the Jim Jones Kool-aid bunch and those pathetic wackos that killed themseves because they believed a spaceship to a heavenly paradise was waiting for them behind that comet a few years back could ANYTHING about religious perversion shock a person anymore? False religion has always demanded human sacrifice.

A few years back I met up with an old witness friend and was stunned to hear her whole conversation revolve around "the organization" the same way she once spoke about God. It was chilling. I knew then that something fundamentaly evil had truly taken over.The cretins at the top know they have the r&f precisely where they want them. They can flip-flop all they want and destroy the gullible all they like and anyone who has the gall to hold them accountable is flung aside like trash. They don't have to recant their terrible blood guilty deeds, they know their special minions will dutifully follow along behind them like clowns behind a rodeo parade and pick the horse shit up with their bare hands if need be.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Then the Society changed their mind.

Yeah, I remember when it became a 'matter of conscience'.

I suppose all I really needed to do was to read with a discerning mind the books my father had on the shelf when I was a teen in the late 70s ... ones my grandfather had studied 40 or 50 years earlier. And had I compared some of those writings to the ones I was forced to study as a teen, I would have identified clearly the things which 'just didn't add up. I'm still glad that I walked away a long time ago, even though back then I couldn't put my finger on the exact reason why I did it.

• Scully
    Scully

I was already having issues with the JWs when this issue of the Awake! was published. But when I saw the cover, I went into a rage, I was just so disgusted.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    They can flip-flop all they want and destroy the gullible all they like and anyone who has the gall to hold them accountable is flung aside like trash. They don't have to recant their terrible blood guilty deeds, they know their special minions will dutifully follow along behind them like clowns behind a rodeo parade and pick the horse shit up with their bare hands if need be.

Nominating this paragraph for Best Writing on JWD for 2005!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Sorry for breaking rank here but... teeeheee. ; Momofmany, is your avatar a dragon from Ultima Online? ;

Hah! I have an apostate friend who is still an elder that you would get along quite well with.

-ithinkisee

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, are there any documented examples of people dying for refusal of organ transplants?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Copyright 1978
    NEW YORK TIMES
    November 26, 1978, Sunday

SECTION: Page 47, Column 4
    LENGTH: 74 words
    JOURNAL-CODE: NYT ABSTRACT:

Thirteen-year-old Lori Mason of Natick (Mass) dies on same day special court session was scheduled to ensure that her rights were being fully presented after Boston judge upheld her decision to decline bone marrow transplant from her sister. Had refused transplant on religious grounds as member of Jehovah's Witnesses and feared possibilty of endangering her sister's health. Had suffered from disease called Fanconi's aplastic anemia (S).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit