Any coloured people here?

by Hellrider 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Blondie:

I too find it strange that there are hispanic americans african americans native americans chinese americans -

the only people who are unqualifiedly "American" are all descended from white europeans.

Undercover:

In fact the churches in the south were mixing almostfrom the inception of desegregation. One of the last groups to do so were the WTBS.

In fact I read a testimony where the WTBS discouraged integration on the ground it might cause offense to the white brothers!!

HB

• xjwms
    xjwms

The WT does not care what color you are.

AS LONG AS YOUR MONEY IS GREEN.

and you give and give and give

pound your cars in field service, give your time, and , ... oh yea, ... give money

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Well, I don`t like affirmative action/"positive discrimination" either, and I certainly don`t like Michael Moores oversimplified theories.In some ways, Michael Moore is a "reversed racist", I saw an episode of his TV-show, "The Awful Truth", where he drove around New York in a taxi, refusing to take white passengers. I guess he was trying to prove how it was for black people, when cab-drivers refused to take them as passengers...but how about all those people he refused to take as passengers? Two wrongs don`t make a right. And I take a book with the title "Stupid White Men" as a personal insult. I`m a white man, and I`m not stupid.And both Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 were distorted, manipulative and propaganda-like crap!

The point I was trying to make in my original post was that if the WT, as they claim, really is Gods words to man (the WTBATS being Gods "prophet" on earth, as stated in numerous WTs over the years) why then do their attitudes towards such a thing as race, change over the years? God changed his mind about the coloured people? What the WT has said about race is really incredible. In my second post (post 28 in this thread), i quoted an article from an old WT where black people are promised that they will become white (as God originally intended..) in the Kingdom to come...Now, look at this one, quoted from an old Watchtower-publication, giving the black people hope of becoming white thru prayer...:

"From Black to White He Slowly Turned.. Rev. William H. Draper .. gave a living affirmative answer to the famous Biblical question, 'Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots?' Though once as black as charcoal, the Rev. Mr. Draper is now white. His people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer. Many years ago Draper was employed by a fair-skinned man, and he was often heard to remark that if he could only be white like his employer, he would be happy. While in the white man's service Draper 'experienced' religion. From that day forward he prayed constantly and fervently that he might become white.. He first experienced a prickling sensation on his face, and upon close investigation found a number of small white spots scarcely larger than
    the point of a pin. He became alarmed, thinking he had some peculiar disease but he did not suffer and aside from the prickling sensation felt nothing unusual. Gradually the white spots became larger and extended themselves, until now, after the change has been in progress for over 30 years, Draper has not a single dark spot on his body." {ZWT Oct 1 1900 296-7}"

Now, THAT`S crazy!!

• love11
    love11

Ya! I'm a peachy tan color!

I never understood why they call me white, I would compare it more to peach in the winter and tan in the summer.

What color are you? peach, beige, tan, brown, mahogony?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I am brown. My father is lighter - kind of a latte color. My mother is close to a dark chocolate color. When my kids were born, all of them were very light with dark hair - almost latin looking.

Josie

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Why they call dark people colored?

I was tought in school that white and black are not colors.

And if you hold a white guy underwater for a few minutes he turns blue. If he survives and becaomes agree for your little experiments he becomes red. If you put him in the sun, he becomes pink and so on. If you do this to a black person, he just stays black. So can somebody explain me why black people are called coloered and not white?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

William Draper probably had a properly described skin condition found in some dark races. Can't remember the name, but the skin stops producing melanin.

At first the patient presents with lighter splotches on the skin. Some never go beyond this stage. Some end up entirely devoid of pigment in the skin.

Michael Jackson claims to have it, but I cannot remember the name.

Very cheap attempt to claim a miracle by ZWT

HB

• Soledad
    Soledad
    At first the patient presents with lighter splotches on the skin. Some never go beyond this stage. Some end up entirely devoid of pigment in the skin.

it's called vitiligo. My mother has had it for about 22 years. She has large white splotches on her arms and legs, and one large one on her neck and some smaller ones on her upper lip. In 1986 she traveled to Cuba because there was a doctor who claimed to have a cure for it. He had these medicines (Melagenina I believe it was called) derived from mice placenta. My mom had to apply this to her skin 3x daily and expose her body to either natural sunlight or infrared lights. The medicine did not cure her but it delayed the progression of her condition significantly.

I remember on one occasion she said that "jehovah was testing her by giving her the disease, like Nebechenezzar was tested." I was like WTF? If that's true then there is yet one other reason why I think jehovah is a sick bastard.

• blondie
    blondie
    The WT does not care what color you are.

AS LONG AS YOUR MONEY IS GREEN.

Aint that the truth.

Blondie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Josie ~ remembering the days of being called an "Oreo" in high school

And these name callers lived? You are a kinder, gentler soul than I...what morons...

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit