Gays and the Bible.

by gumby 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Gumby

My question is.......how does religion justify a way of life the bible condems as sinful? What is their scriptural argument to justify this action as proper?

First off, homosexuals have my complete support to live and love whom ever they want, in any way they want. I do not believe religion has the right to dictate how people should feel as far as sexual orientation.

Now, "How" do they (the churches) justify it ? They all either interpret it differently or ignore certain parts. Nothing new there !

I question the very 'basis' of what constitutes 'scripture.' I have that right. Why/how...? Simple. Throughout the Bibles' history, a man or groups of men have decided which scrolls were 'holy' and which ones weren't. I don't remember the name of the religious leaders meeting that occured about 200 AD, but, THESE guys decided which books got into todays Bible. Stuff that didn't make the cut has surely been lost or thrown away as unimportant. We don't have a clue what may be missing.

So-o...since I didn't know these guys, nor the writers of the Bible books...I have the right to call into question every single sentence within it. Just like they did. Everyone has that right to pick and choose. Nobody can possibly prove that the entire Bible or even a part of it is 'inspired or holy'. Scientifically, many 'Bible' truths CAN be proven false.

Live long and prosper !

Think before you leap !

Rabbit

• Latte
    Latte

Roybatty,

Very true Roy……..

however, I do think people overlook the social (and economical) ramifications of same sex marriage, much the same way people overlooked the results of divorce on society in general.

Truthseeker.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when I read this………..

I see it as this.
    In 50 years time, married straight people will be the minority.
    Teachers classroom:
    Teacher: Now children, today we are learning about different types of families. Johnny and Lisa have a mommy and a daddy who are married. We must show tolerance for their family.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Truthseeker:People used to use a slippery slope fallacy and say stuff like that about black people - "we'll be overrun!!!".

Lo and behold, the white race made it to the 21st century intact...

Gumby:
    What would he probably say to the boys?

"I love you, unconditionally!"

• gumby
    gumby

So far I've heard a lot of........" Jesus forgives.....he loves even men who lie with men if they ask forgivness." "Jesus would tell two apostles who were having sex that he'll keep loving them no matter what....even if they have sex together." " The bible may have at one time contained scripture that supported gay sex, but since we lost much of early writings...we can't be sure gay sex is really wrong from a scriptural veiw."

Did you fellers forget what the bible says about sin? Paul said men who lie with men will NOT enter the kingdom. John says if we keep sinning after we have come to know christ....their is no sacrifice for sins left, because these ones tramble afresh gods son. According to many.....if you love jesus.....theres no need to be too concerned about sinning because your ' in like flynn' no matter what.

I wonder if I was a child molestor....but I really loved jesus, if he would forgive me even if I molested kids?

Once again, my views are based on the bibles message only.....not my own ideas.

Oldflame......you might wanna look up the word "condone"...it's opposite of condemn.

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I wonder if I was a child molestor....but I really loved jesus, if he would forgive me even if I molested kids?

Gumbass,

You'd better watch your green ass...there's people who take every word you type...LITERALLY, round here.

Now what kinda message you think you be a sendin...?

Dumb bastard!

u/d (of the knows you wouldn't hurt a kosher fly class....figuratively speaking of course.)

• gumby
    gumby

U/D....you better be nice to me you bastard.....or I'll send you to bed feeling all shitty again!

I used the child molester illustration to make a point as that was the worst sin I could think of. Many seem to think that all sins are forgiven by jesus regardless if they "practice" sin or not. I guess there is no penalty for sin if you luv da lowd enoughs.

Now then .....go to bed and quit yer damn bellyachin

Gumby

• bebu
    bebu
    Many seem to think that all sins are forgiven by jesus regardless if they "practice" sin or not. I guess there is no penalty for sin if you luv da lowd enoughs.

I can forgive a molester. I have, in fact. So certainly Jesus could do it.

The indifference to right or wrong is what is usually more dangerous than what one might see in behavior. Someone who is 'sinning' may still be pleading inside for rescue; he cares about being goodness even while he struggles. He is searching, and his character is truly changing thru that struggle. Another 'believer' may be utterly indifferent to what Jesus really wants and hides behind 'loving da lowd' as a flimsy excuse to ignore Jesus entirely ("why do you call me 'Lord, Lord'?"...)

bebu

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:He loves whom he loves, just like you and I. If ya have a problem with that, take it up with the Big Guy - but why would you determine that He be offered less rights than you and I? Ranting about someone whom you don't seem to care too much about, anymore, aint scoring too many points with those of us who still care for Him.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i personally choose to transcend any particular book and follow the core spirit of basically all religions.

treat others as you want to be treated.

cause no harm to other people or nature.

simplicity is fun.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

The problem I have with this subject is the fact that preachers don't spend much time ostracizing/downgrading people who are in a 'sinful' heterosexual relationship. But they do spend a lot of time damning gays to hell.

I had an ex-boyfriend that I went to church with every Sunday, and then afterwards we would 'get busy'; he refused to marry me or make any committment to me and yet every chance he could he was damning gays to hell for immorality--to me he was one huge HYPOCRITE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit