Gays and the Bible.

by gumby 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

First of all.....I ain't bashin gays here......just have a question.

This morning I read in the paper that the United Church of Christ has unanimously approved of same sex marriage. This now is the largest protestant sect who has approved of gay marriages.

My question is.......how does religion justify a way of life the bible condems as sinful? What is their scriptural argument to justify this action as proper?

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down

Goombah,

Didn't you read EvilForces treatise on the Bibble?

It's all lies...written by homophobic (albeit sheep lovin) Semetic "goat herders".

"God" is actually a lesbian (like us) trapped in a mans body.

Keep up bro...

u/d (of the gay but not "gay" class)

• Emma
    Emma

If they actually thought that's what the bible says, they wouldn't have come to that decision.

Hasn't this been hashed out before?

• roybatty
    roybatty

Shows me once again that people can put whatever spin they want on what the Bible does / does not teach. IMO it's pretty clear that the Bible condems homosexuality but hey - if you feel it doesn't, fine with me. Regarding same sex marriage, I'm pretty much "live and let live" however, I do think people overlook the social (and economical) ramifications of same sex marriage, much the same way people overlooked the results of divorce on society in general.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, if you're going to follow the Bible's judicial system to the letter, they you need to prohibit crippled people from entering the assembly of the Lord, you need to execute people for blasphemy, and you can keep a slave. Intelligent religions (which is a pretty small number) have found ways of rationalizing around the goofier parts of the Bible. This is one of them.

• gumby
    gumby

RunningMan .......ya big damn biblical illiterate bastard you........your livin in the "old law". Jesus did away with killin your kid who turned into a smartass. I'm talking bout scriptures here to justify gayism.

Hasn't this been hashed out before?

About once a week there's a thread on gays.......and not ONCE have I seen a logical argument using THE BIBLE as a source to justify it. Not one. Saying the bible was written by male macho men doesn't explain how religion who believes gods "word" is infallible can justify a gay lifestyle. Anyone remember ANY of the faithful patriarchs marrying each other? David loved Johnathan more than women.......bigass deal. That's the extent of the arguments I've heard.

I think the churches are chickenshit just like the dubs. They have the nerve to speak for god if it means losing membership.

Remember....I'm speaking from a biblical point of view.....not my own......so don't get all huffy on me.

Gumstraight

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, then let's concentrate on slavery. The new testament reinforces the old testament view on keeping a slave. So..... where's my slave?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good point Runningman. Heck, even the WTS finds it's way around some of the stuff in the Bible that you mentioned (example - no slavery, though it could be argued that being a jw is a form of slavery).

Since the UCC is liberal, my guess is that liberal attitude led them to this decision. This could mean lots of converts in the coming months.

• gumby
    gumby
    So..... where's my slave?

I'll be your slave if it will win my argument dammit!

Remember RunningMan.....it took a few years for the jewish bastards to work out all the bugs in becoming a christian. It wasn't till president Lincoln came on the scene before they wised up.......and that bearded ugly sumbitch wasn't even a christian!

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down
    So..... where's my slave?

You misinterpreted it.... YOU ARE THE SLAVE!

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit