No Clapping at Wild Statements at DC????!!!!

by hamsterbait 49 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

~Clap on (new light), clap off (old light)~

~clap off for good...lights out~

sKally

• Scully
    Scully

The last DC we went to in 1996, the applause reminded me of what you'd hear during a professional golf tournament.

The very polite and reserved "golf clap".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    one round of clapping wnet on for forty five minutes! THey kept going on and on about how that showed such appreciation for the message and proved how spiritual those guys were. I always just thougth "no just proves that they are polaks."

That is just insane! Did they do the clapping in shifts or did everyone just do one long marathon clapping session?

• sf
    sf

alt

And something all bookbags should have in them:

• Netty
    Netty
    one round of clapping went on for forty five minutes

So what you're saying is, they all came down with a case of "the clap"

• potleg
    potleg

I remember when I was about 10 years old being at a circuit assembly ...after the public talk, during the applause, another kid and I whistled really loud. it didn't last long...Whack, whack,whack...it still makes me laugh though

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Wow, talk about applause, my ex-husband was so embarrassing to sit beside. He would clap at anything and everything and his applause was so loud. Even at the KH he applauded so loud that the brothers and sisters would turn to him and give him a disgusting look. It was terrible. Just before any talk at the KH ended I would leave my seat and go to the washroom.

I am sure the elders knew why I did that because he was so obtuse. And so self-righteous it made me crazy.

At conventions it was worse, and he did it because he knew it was embarrasing to me. I wished I had eyes in the back of me head just to be able to see what people were saying.

As for wild statements I think that I clapped. I did also clap when a memeber of the governing body gave and exceptional talk.

Of course we all were caught up in it. Or least most of us. But for a fact you did know that some of the clapping was as phony as the speakers.

Love ya

Orangefatcat.
  • Es
    Es

this is a great thread i remember there was always someone who would clap at the most in appropriate time eheheh and then a few would follow and then realise no one else was clapping. es

• Rod P
    Rod P

Well, I guess we have all had some interesting experiences with clapping the JW way. I got pretty good at clapping on cue, even though it felt silly to do it. Let's just say I was being supportive.

However, now that we have left the troof, perhaps we may need to revisit the whole question of Clapping, but this time from a new perspective. So..............

What is the sound of One Hand Clapping? (from Zen Buddhism) Well, I know that sound. To hear it, you need two people. One person raises his right hand in the air, and then slaps the other person's face. (Go easy here!). That is the sound of one hand clapping!

Rod P.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I recall the clapping with gritted teeth. Usually having a trying-to-sleep youngster in my lap, and then having some idiot start a round of that mindless clapping, it ALWAYS woke up the little one and I'd hold my breath hoping it wouldn't wake him/her up completely.Sometimes I could "feel" a clap coming on and try to cup my hands over the ears of the trying-to-sleep child, but that seldom worked anyway.

Most of you know that once a child wakes up this way, all cranky and uncomfortable, that your paying attention was pretty much over, and you spent the next hour trying to get the little one BACK to sleep! (ONLY to start the whole thing over again!)

The only people who were not oblivious to this---were all the others who were holding children who were trying to sleep!

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit