No Clapping at Wild Statements at DC????!!!!

by hamsterbait 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

just read a post that said the audience was not obediently clapping at the convention when the speakers made wild statements (presumably with the rising Nazi voice) Did anyone else notice this.

Geeze, at the assembly I went to on Saturday, everybody clapped at ALL the illustrations.......it got to be really retarded, but what else is new?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Blondie-

Yeah, clapping for those first talks and after that rot! What a remembrance of my 1st talk and the applause - wasn't told that would happen, and had never seen it done.

I loved when they clapped over telegrams sent from other conventions (what a staged sham). I'll bet they were slips of regular paper, and were prepared on a typewriter the week before. Anybody comment on this?

• undercover
    undercover

The little bit I attened they clapped after demos and interviews and the talks themselves. Not much clapping for the rising Nazi voice exclamations. I personally didn't clap for anything. Clapping means that you appreciate or agree with the action or comment. Since I didn't agree I felt that it would be hypocritical to clap. As I looked around I noticed a few others weren't clapping. Asleep or Apostate?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I was a loyal dub, I always thought the clapping was stupid and that most just clapped for no reason. So when they clapped I would try to clap out of sink or do a reall slow clap with short beat long beats sorta like this ccclllaaappp, cllllaaapppp, clap clap, ccclllaaappppp, clap clap clap. I would try to make them loud ear ringing claps, many would look at me with scorn.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

As a kid bored as hell at conventions,I will say the different variationsw you can put on a clap are fun.;

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

You can even clap to a rythm like the song "we are the champions" clap clap, CCLLAAPP, clap clap, CCLLAAPP.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

how about getting everyone to clap above their heads a la radio gaga

• IronGland
    IronGland

Did anyone ever have the guts to go WOOOOHOOO! or Preach it Brother! ?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I remember back in the late 80's early 90's one of the gung ho elders and his wife went to a convention in poland and came back RAVING about the applause that they had seen one round of clapping wnet on for forty five minutes! THey kept going on and on about how that showed such appreciation for the message and proved how spiritual those guys were. I always just thougth "no just proves that they are polaks."

Clapping is so contrived the last few conventions I went to I didn't do it!

• Englishman
    Englishman
    how about getting everyone to clap above their heads a la radio gaga

Or maybe a Mexican wave? Or a conga line? Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit