No Clapping at Wild Statements at DC????!!!!

by hamsterbait 49 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I just read a post that said the audience was not obediently clapping at the convention when the speakers made wild statements (presumably with the rising Nazi voice)

Did anyone else notice this.

Will others look out for it at their DC and tell us?

I'm not going.

BWAAAAAHHHHHHH

HB

• Frog
    Frog

Imagine that a DC without wild outbursts of clapping on cue?!...just wouldn't be the same;) Actually I noted in the last DC convo I went to back in 03' the clapping wasn't nearly as spontaneous and vivacious as I remember it used to be. This is of course not a surprise, the spirit it dieing out, and the drones are being unplugged from the collective one by one . I'm feeling really curious about all this, almost enough to make me want to check it out for myself! frog

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Maybe they need some neon "Applause " signs.

DL76

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The last few times I went to assemblys and DC's I sat with my friend and we realised just how silly all the clapping was. We used to sit there and prepare ourselves for the pauses indicating people should clap, clapping for songs, clapping for prayers, clapping for experiences, clapping for baptisms. By the end of each one everytime there was clapping we would be killing ourselves laughing...

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I can remember, that was one of the things that got me out of the Org. The wild clapping at Bizzare statements (AND SATAN... THE RULER OF THIS WORLD, WILL SOON BE DESTROYED BY JEHOVAH !!!!!!!) reminded me of the films I saw of Hitler's speeches and the wild clapping that followed.

• Netty
    Netty

At least the stupid clapping gave the poor little kids, ONE thing to look forward to. Shish, now they'e taking that away from them too. As if it wasn't hard enough for the little ones to sit through three days worth of boredom.

• lawrence
    lawrence

This thread brought back memories of people clapping over the number of bags of fruit were sold. The number of yogurts consumed, "by Jehovah's people. " And similar statistics. Baptisms were a zoo with clapping, shrieks, pictures, and someone hyper-ventilating. All of us were being saved into the antitypical city of refuge. The clapping over atendance is when the crowds went wild! Publication announcements were big ones too - the roar of the spiritually hungry in applause to mad prophets of doom.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    vivacious

Did you have to use THAT word... you should have thrown in "efficacious" to complete the traumatic flashback

NO ONE...I mean NO ONE uses those words....cept the Dubs!

u/d (of the vivacious class)

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Geez Lawrence, You reminded me of some funny sh*t. Wild applause at how many Bags O Fruit sold !!! Ya gotta love it.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I remember bags of fruit! omg was that everywhere?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit