I'm home....

by RichieRich 58 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here a contract with a person under the age of 18 is not enforceable on the minor but it is enforceable on the non-minor party if there is one. I'm not sure how or if that would apply to the baptism. It might apply if the Watch Tower tried to enforce a juvenile baptism as a legal membership contract.

• horrible life
    horrible life

What does dub stand for? And what are the checks? I am loving reading about the convention. Takes me back to my teenage years. When Richie was talking about walking around with his friends. I remember my older brother walked, and I wasn't allowed to. (too young) When I got old enough, I volunteered, and only could walk for a short time. I thought volunteering was the way to find a good Christian brother. Most were skinny with zits.

• Netty
    Netty
    Most were skinny with zits.

LOL!!! Jehovahs Witness = JW = Jay "DUB" ya

• willyloman
    willyloman

Richie: Thanks for the pictorial report. Excellent undercover work. There's a lot going on in that head of yours, son.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Odrade wrote:
    Seven? Colored pencils at least.

Not color pencils, color highlighters. To highlight the answers to the a) and b) questions in different colors. (And a different color for the paragraphs with only one question. And a different color for the rare cases when there was a c) question. I loooved highlighters.)

• observador
    observador

Richie,

thanks for the interesting report and pics.

I just wonder how you know that that boy was 7... was it announced or something?

Confirming the age of that boy is important to me, as I have had some discussions with people precisely about that issue of children baptism.

Thanks.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

FWIW, observador, I don't know anything about this particular case, but I personally was baptized at 8, as was my brother. So I can assure you, it definitely does happen.

• observador
    observador

Euphemism,
    thanks for sharing the info with us. 8 is way too young age.

Richie, I still would like to know how you know he was 7.

Thanks.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

im sorry... I didn't even know that this thread had been resurrected...

I've known that kid all his life. We were in same congregation until about three years ago.

Trust me, I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit