I'm home....

by RichieRich 58 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Well Brothers and Sisters,

I just returned home safe from the convention. As much as I would like to give you the minute by minute breakdown, I won't because this is going to be a freaking long post anyhow.

I drove up by myself Thursday. I got to the hotel at 2 PM and my mother wasn't going to be there until 6. I had time. I already had 50 + Apostachecks printed and cut out, but as I walked through the hotel to my room, I got an idea.

In MS Word, I made sheets that said www.quotes.watchtower.ca and www.silentlambs.org . I went to kinkos, and printed 200 copies, and bought some tape. All that day, I walked through the hotel posting these half-sheets of paper. I put them on the ceiling, on doors, on janitor carts, and even in the elevators. Then I put a stack of about 50 on the counter in the lobby. I know the hotel had wireless internet, so I'm sure many people looked it up.

Then at the Convention, it was boring as hell, yadda yadda. If you read JWD, you know what most of the convention was about anyway, so there is no need for me to tell you again. (Not to mention I was doing "loser laps", holding babies, and chugging water- anything to not have to listen.)

I took some notes, but with my mom sitting right next to me, I couldn't really write anything good down. I mostly made note of the scriptures they said.

I dropped tons of checks in the boxes. THe rest were tucked in between seats, or in bibles.

Now I am no idiot, so I was aware of my surroundings. I felt like every attendant was watching me, but that's just because I was nervous. Today (sunday) We were seated on the floor of the coliseum. An attendant walked up, bent over, and asked my mother to accompany him to the Accounting department. I started sweating, and I think I peed a little. She came back in about 10 minutes, and looked pissed. I knew that was it then and there. I could see myself sitting in another JC meeting tomorrow night.

I asked her what was wrong, expecting the worse. She said she had mislabeled her check, writing "Jehovah's Witnesses" instead of "Watch Tower" like she was supposed to.

That was such a relief. They aint got nothing on me.

But for now I must go, stretch my legs, whack it, and watch some tv… I'm feeling to spiritual still….

I'll post more later, including pics.

BTW, 60 baptized. Youngest was 7, oldest was 74…. I took pics of the crowd- seemed like they were all kids… maybe 4 converts… interesting huh?

In crunkness,

RR

• loosie
    loosie

Welcome back. can't wait to read the rest of your story

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Glad you made it home, safe and sound!!

shelley

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Glad you made it home, safe and sound!!

shelley

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Rich,

Meet any nice sister at the convention?

• Odrade
    Odrade
    She said she had mislabeled her check, writing "Jehovah's Witnesses" instead of "Watch Tower" like she was supposed to.

OMG!!! They hauled your mom to the "back room" because she wrote Jehovah's Witnesses instead of WT??? Oh, the humiliation, oh the irony!

hehe. I would have liked to watch the attendants scurrying around trying to pick up your fake checks and notes though. I'll bet they were sweating bullets trying to protect the flock! LOL!

• luna2
    luna2

Glad you survived!

Holy sh!t on the Accounting Department guy coming and finding your mom. I would have been in a blind panic. I wonder what your CO will have to talk about during his next round of visits??? Wouldn't be surprised if there was lots of apostate talks coming up.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    But for now I must go, stretch my legs, whack it, and watch some tv… I'm feeling to spiritual still….

Richie..............you are too much, but dude........we love you and I'm sure that everyone was as anxious as I was to hear from you.

We are looking forward to your reports. In the meantime..........relax and chill this evening. And..........if you can get away with it..........have a beer.

HappyDad

P.S. I'll be driving through North Carolina on I-77 this Thursday afternoon on my way to Florida. How close are you?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

way to go Richie, sounds like you had some fun, Im sorry I didnt get over there to picket, by the way did you notice any picketers or placards?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Richie-

Great report! You're losing it, so hopefully soon the chicken cooking will let you rest in a Buddhist Zen.

peace and blessings - you are a crazy Mofo - love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit