I'm home....

by RichieRich 58 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi Richi, glad your back from behind enemy lines!

Regarding the baptism, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Jesus (a PERFECT human) gave us plenty of examples to follow:

How to pray, How to gain Gods appoval - through Love, Wine was faivorable to water at parties, And getting baptised at 7, ...

Edited to add: Sorry I meant 17

Edited to add: Opps again, I've just been told he was mature enough at 27.

Editied once agian: - Looks like he was in his Thirties.

I guess if your gonna make a commitment that will kill you if you change you mind,(even if you're perfect) you'd better make sure you know what your doing.

steve

• I quit!
    I quit!

Thats sick - exactly how can a 7 year old meet their own critreia - they might as well start baptising babies!

Perhaps there should be a federal law passed stating that you can't become a JW till you are 18 and have it posted a on or near the baptismal pool. Also have it say: BECOMING BE COMING A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH

• rebel8
    rebel8

Just wanted to chime in Richie and say how much I admire what you did!

I'm putting Silent Lambs posters around this week because the district convention is coming up soon. If I could stomach going to it, I'd do the checks.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Way to go check dropping, Ritchie!

But for now I must go, stretch my legs, whack it, and watch some tv… I'm feeling to spiritual still….

LMAO! This is why I luv ya!

• Buhdee
    Buhdee

One question...Did your mom know the attendant that came to her seat? If not, I think the check story might be a ruse (sp). With all the new fangled security camera contraptions, who knows who Big Brother sees?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

lol @ everyone. Thanks for the love kids.

Yeah- I made sure I authenticated the check story. I dug through her checkbook and found the carbon copy. It did say Jehovah's witnesses.

As far as the talks went, I think they are fairly the same, worldwide. There were lots of solliliqouys and interviews with stuck up little kids. They really emphasized NO REGRETS. Even in the drama.

I hated what they chose for the drama. to a certain point, me and Timothy are in the same boat. My father is a unbeliever, and my mother and grandmother are in the truth. Mom thinks I should stop planning on going to college and pioneer or go to bethel. I told her no. She got mad, and fussed for upwards of an hour about it.

I told her, if I don't get an education, and have to work 80 hours a week to suppourt my family, how is that going to help my spirituallity? She semi-agreed.

She said, but the end is right around the corner. I asked her why they were reinforcing the ressurection hope so much.... Because most everyone is going to die in this system.

(this is how i must reason with her... keep the false hope in her that I am going to stay in the truth.)

On Saturday night, I had an interesting talk with a friend of mine about how, if everything was a vegetarian before the flood, then why are there fossils of obviously carnivorous dinosaurs that are dated to pre-flood. Beleive it or not, he came to me with the question.... So i responded by saying that that was a question I would like to see answered too. I then reminded him about Abel raising sheep before the flood... (thanks runningman)

I am interested to see where all this ends up.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    She said, but the end is right around the corner. I asked her why they were reinforcing the ressurection hope so much.... Because most everyone is going to die in this system.

Spot on Richie.

DB74

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Also wanted to mention how they did a solilliqouy (sp?) of a guy who wanted to buy an 81000 dollar sprots car, but then talked himself into pioneering. He just jumped from one to the other- I think thats how most dubs make decisions, instantly. Maybe thats why a 7 year old got baptized....

• Preston
    Preston

I dare say Richie Rich...

... Your post almost made me wanna go back the opportunities for pure, unadulturated, 100% mishchief are too good to ignore. You started your own Fight Club.

- Preston

• Netty
    Netty

Richie, well, you B R A V E little sh*t, you!

My son is 7, the kid hardly knows how to tie his shoes and wipe his little behind. To allow him to make such a serious decision with hurtful repercussions at this age, his parents ought to be shot.

Welcome back, agent Cody Banks. Thanks for all the great undercover work. We reallly appreciate it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit