If you were STILL a JW where would you be now?

by Thegoodgirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Horrible Life, I hope you will stay here at JWD for support. I didn't see your first post as offensive. Now you have shared your pain and let's hope that those who were offended will understand why you said what you did.

Have some hugs and a

If I was still a JW, I'd be DEAD and cremated and scattered somewhere pretty. The WTBTS nearly did suck all the life from me.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Horrible life--I sent you a PM. I sincerely apologize for jumping down your throat, I feel bad for coming across like that. I see bigotry every day when I go grocery shopping or out places with my mate. Times are better now than 20 years ago, it's mostly older people who have a problem.

I'm very sorry for what you went through. It sounds like you are still living in that nightmare of what happened to you. You should get an unlisted number and a big mean watchdog.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Elsewhere

BrendaCloutier

Dantheman

I would be with you. I know that I would be dead. I stopped going to meetings four years ago, as I look back, ... I would have never made it.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Where would I be if I were still a JW?

I honestly believe I would have committed suicide by now.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I would be at the District Convention in Tacoma. Groaaaannnn!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Probably dead, one way or the other. Either I would have killed myself because of the sheer desperation of that life, or I would at least have been unable to lose weight after I was diagnosed as being type 2 diabetic. So if I wouldn't be dead already, I'd be well on the way.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

This is one question I dont know the answer to...not for sure anyway....I suppose I would still be questioning...I think it was somehow predestined that I leave...I cant imagine what my life would be like if I was still there...other than nonexistent.

DB74

• horrible life
    horrible life

The Oklahoma Dist. convention starts today. In the Daily Oklahoman today a 12 and 13 year old were interviewed. How excited they were to be getting baptized. They said they had to answer 4 pages of questions to the elders. The brain washing begins in earnest.

They will be the same kids going before the elders in 5 years. I can relate. Wish I could warn them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit