If you were STILL a JW where would you be now?

by Thegoodgirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Sad. Sitting at home thinking how much I didn't want to go to meeting tonight. Trying to think of an acceptable excuse to get out of it. Angry at my husband for not "taking the lead" and making me go to meeting for my own good. Probably working myself up into a big fat tension headache.

What a pathetic existence. What AM I doing right now? Sitting in my beautiful, peaceful office. I just saw a client, who left more relaxed and feeling better than she came in. I'll go home later, go for a walk, then have a little drink (GUINNESS!!!) and some kung-pao shrimp. Maybe watch a little TV and rub my husband's feet. (He'll like that, and he deserves it for working hard on my business website. Plus, he's nice.)

I'll get to wear some comfy clothes, not feel guilty. I'll surf some photography sites. I don't do much photography, just like to look at the pictures. Then I'll do a little work-related research for a protocol I'm working on.

Maybe later, I'll chat with my best friend... also free of the JWs. I'll post a little here, saunter off to bed about midnight or so.

Sounds nice, huh?

Life just keeps getting better...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd be with a man screaming his head off at me and the kids , get to the hall in the next 20 min or so, sit with his arm around me thruout the meeting looking like the perfect family, then afterwards as soon as we get back in the car the screaming would begin again..

how'd i stand that for 18 yrs?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would probably be dead from suicide.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Separated from the love of Christ.

United with a dangerous and demon controlled cult.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

In all seriousness, I would be dead. Probably self-inflicted, or from severe spousal abuse.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Six feet under.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I just wanted to say........

((((((((((((((Elsewhere, Brenda, and Dantheman))))))))))))))......I am so glad you guys left and are here today!

Brooke

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

What Else said, seriously.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Whoo, what a subject. Well...

I was inactive for the last year before I DA'd. Not only no field service, but no meetings or study either. It was the longest "spiritual slump" I'd ever been in. The periods of "spiritual strength" had been getting shorter and shorter for years. I was able to DA when I finally got to where I didn't CARE if I ever recovered.

Well, the only way I'd still be a JW today is if I'd been able to guilt-trip myself into staying. I doubt I would have been able to guilt-trip myself into any kind of activity again. I would be slothful, dead inside, depressed without even realizing it...

Or maybe actively suicidal, as I have been (briefly) in the past.

I really have no way of knowing.

Gently Feral

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Probably just getting back from the Book Study. Getting ready to go to bed and dream of the new system just ahead.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit