If you were STILL a JW where would you be now?

by Thegoodgirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Minimus's post got me thinking. Where would I be if I were still a JW? It's depressing to think about...

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I would be working at a full time job at Wal-Mart, instead of on vacation from university.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Right now........at this time 5:08 PM Tuesday..........I would be rushing to make myself some dinner and then get ready to tie my theocratic tie onto my theocratic dress shirt and put on my theocratic dress pants along with my theocratic dress socks and my theocratic all leather dress shoes to get the the "book" study for more theocratic indoctrination. And then while I would be there, I would keep wondering why I have to do all of this theocratic bs for a very boring and repetitive theocratic hour........not counting the few hours before and at least an hour after..........and hating every minute of it because an entire evening was wasted doing what the borg considers theocratic activity.

HappyDad

• keeshah
    keeshah

I would still be looking for "Bro. Right" at age 38.... childless... pounding on doors (making me look more spiritual for "Bro. Right"... miserable... blind from too much "self abuse".

• Quentin
    Quentin

Attending AA meetings, or laying up on the couch every night drunk...no joke, was well on my way to having a drinking problem. Be the age I am now and single, eyeballing the sisters, because any marriage I had would have failed. Living in fear that whatever secret life I constructed would be found out. Dying alone, no family, no friends and on and on. I shudder to think how wretched my life could have been.

Well, that's not how it went...I've lived the good and the bad out in the world...wouldn't trade it for one single day of Watchtower living.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Whenever I feel down I remind myself of where I would be if I were still a Jehovah's Witness. I like me so much more now, lol.

GBL

• Purza
    Purza

Oh man -- what a depressing thought! I would still be single (with a teenage daughter) -- and still looking for Brother Right. I would be hating going out in service (but doing it because I had to) and still making every meeting. I never really had any problem with the meetings until the last year. But I used to live alone with my kid and I would be FREAKED having to come home at night by myself. I always checked all the closets when I got home, before I could relax.

What a sad existence my life was.

Purza

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i'd be thinking about getting dressed for the meeting.

(i just threw up a little bit in my mouth...)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well I would have to go to the Meeting tonight...with 2 kids.

Oh thank God I was having a bad day now I am not because of thinking what I could have been doing.

Brooke

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

still going to meetings, service, etc. and associating with people who would give me the time of day only because I was in the troof and going to meetings and watching the attendence of meetings go lower and lower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit